How do I fix this tricks of the trade welcome

runnach

It was only a matter of time, travelled back to Dewsbury today from Liverpool and en route managed to christen the work surface approx 9 inches from the sink so potentially an area that gets wet. I can help but make work for myself and would love to create an invisible repair , I am sure I am not the first nor will I be the last
CCABE5F1-2A5C-4D46-A622-F89BBA077E3E.jpeg

I think to make an invisible repair will need a new worktop.
If you can pinch a bit of work top from somewhere hidden you could let in a dutchman but it would be difficult to make it invisible.
If your worried about it getting wet, fill it up with clear epoxy resin.
Sorry :(

I fixed my table top will fine mulliput then shaded to surface to match the table, then finally used a car clear lacquer pen to coat it. It is not invisible, but it is ok. When I eventually sell the van I with have a new sheet of worktop covering put on.

Did you drop a huge coffee bean on it ? :)
Fill with Resin ? but also a 2nd for the superglue and bicarb trick, nothing will be invisible but to stop the ingress of water then lots of options already said here.

i think i'd go for accentuating it a bit , use a router to do a dog's head shape for example then fill with casting resin in a darker colour

That would have be a German Shepherd I think

Alf

Take out damaged area fill with 2 pack filler (car filler) sand down fine fill if necessary sand down with fine wet & dry touch up with acrylic paint wet &dry again if necessary paint on water based vanish

I damaged the table on the Laika by dropping my phone on it from the bed above the cab. Phone had a rubber outer but still managed to put a small hole in the table. I was going to change the table anyway so decided to get our local worktop guys to make me one the size I wanted. I queried with him if I dropped my phone on his new table what would happen. His reply was don't the phone will not survive. When I told him what had happened he explained that formica is just compressed cardboard and does not have a lot of strength in it BUT once it is glued to something solid it gets its strength from that. So hollow tables / worktops that save weight can easily be damaged.

Your biggest problem Channa is repairing the wood underneath the hole. It's impossible to glue anything until the hole is repaired.

On the old van I did the same between sink and hob! I used my router and took out ten mm depth the size of a terra cotta tile with a nice raised pattern ! grouted that in and made a heat proof stand for when cooking👍

on the hymer site someone has done this repair modern tables are hollow construction anything dropped dents them View attachment 75946
i had a small hole in table top, went in for repair of some sort, never mist it for some time. were there is a will, not , will i am? there is a way, find a p of wood and try, ok.pj p.s. happy moving

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back