how do I find my buzzer

guerdeval

Just had my van back from Dave Newell (good man in Telford if you're interested), one thing he couldn't fix is the buzzer for the electric step, it stopped working a while back but he couldn't find it (it don't buzz you see). Any ideas how to locate it without tearing the dash apart, he tried for a while with mirror,torch etc but drew a blank.

Just had my van back from Dave Newell (good man in Telford if you're interested), one thing he couldn't fix is the buzzer for the electric step, it stopped working a while back but he couldn't find it (it don't buzz you see). Any ideas how to locate it without tearing the dash apart, he tried for a while with mirror,torch etc but drew a blank.

Try from the other end and see if you trace the wiring back from the step sensor. Even if you can't follow it all the way you can see what colour wires were used and this may help you tracing at the dashboard end.

It would help to know what van you have all are different

YS

Problem solved, it buzzed for a few seconds today and its under the passenger seat with all the fuses etc, so now to find out whats wrong with it, thanks all.

Its lost its buzz.

Its lost its buzz thats all. The buzz might have fallen off.:D:D

Me thinks the problem is your buzzer , But you could test it the power feed with a multimeter , and be on the safe side, :rolleyes:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back