Home made composting toilet

I have seen comments from folk who end up parking next to a SOG-fitted camper and they don't seem to agree with the "no smells at all" idea! I don't know if it is down to the installation or is just basically transferring any odours from one place to another?
If you’re stood next to the exhaust I expect looking at it scientifically the worst it could be is walking next to someone that’s let one go! There is a simple charcoal filter but to be honest I guess the odour clean up is marginal. The person that complained must have been parked really close to smell anything lol

Had a van with a SOG once, better inside the van, not so much outside, A filter might help if it's changed often but who does? and how often? in reality, it's an open sewer.

If you’re stood next to the exhaust I expect looking at it scientifically the worst it could be is walking next to someone that’s let one go! There is a simple charcoal filter but to be honest I guess the odour clean up is marginal. The person that complained must have been parked really close to smell anything lol
I used to tent camp, and can remember having a motorhome on the next pitch which must have had a sog fitted. We definitely noticed when they used the toilet, so much so that every time they used the toilet I would exclaim at the top of my voice ” oh my god they’re sh***ing again,what do these people eat??
They could not look me in the eye again after that

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back