Holy Week

alcam

In Sanlucar de Barrameda in middle of holy week.
Thought it would be busy but didn't think this busy .
Been here before many times , including feria week but this is almost unbearable.
Still here though !

We went to Salamanca a few years ago specifically to experience it there. Spectacular!

We went to Salamanca a few years ago specifically to experience it there. Spectacular!
Too busy for me . The many great bars basically grind to a halt , fortunately some of the staff know me and I don't go without!
Can't argue it is spectacular.

I did 3 Easters myself in Spain and loved it. I enjoyed the pageantry and the whole town coming out. Enjoy your time and wish I was there. Salamanca is a lovely place and I love that whole, dry, dusty area.

Quote from the official tourist literature when we where in Salamanca for Holy Week.

"Easter Sunday is historically a day of great joy and Celebration. It marked [marks] the end of Lent and was when the whores (who were banished across the river for Lent) were welcomed back to the city."

I'm sure I saw the odd tableaux in the street commemorating the tradition 😉😀

Quote from the official tourist literature when we where in Salamanca for Holy Week.

"Easter Sunday is historically a day of great joy and Celebration. It marked [marks] the end of Lent and was when the whores (who were banished across the river for Lent) were welcomed back to the city."

I'm sure I saw the odd tableaux in the street commemorating the tradition 😉😀
Now you're talking !
Sorry just realized you were talking about Salamanca.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back