Holiday Insurance

loubylou

We are going over to France in our van and apart from the usual vehicle insurance we wondered what do others do for holiday insurance, in the past we have used boots 12month worldwide insurance, but wondered if others have any better suggestions.

Also we have AA cover on the van, is that enough? Not having been abroad in our van before we aren't sure.

Any advice would be hughly appreciated.
Louby

Insurance is a con game. The less you can get away with, the better. Unless you enjoy lining the pockets of insurers that is.

in answer,

Hi, some years back I had to call out the AA when in france, my landrover broke a rear axle when towing a large boat trailer, I must say that it worked out just right (forgetting the £600 to get the landy repaired) In france one must have breakdown cover, its the law for french cars etc. anyway we rang the AA and the sorted it all out, encluding hire car, taxes to collect and return same, and also to the landrover garage, parking for the boat, and all in english. GOD KNOWS, what the cost would of been without, and also just trying to deal with all.
We don,t use any other type of insurance as its a waste of money, You will be ok within europe.
terry

Thanks Terry.

The reason I asked is because we once had our car broken into in France, they knicked everything, they'd been watching us, apparently. Anyway we tried to get the windows replaced, but it was a joke (mainly because it was easter), we had to limp back home early as we had no money. So I feel a little nervous in our old '93 van I just wanted to know if we had to have anything extra.

Noted your MH is now 15 years old. Understand some insurers may not look at a vehicle this age. You want to inquiry very quickly and please post if you do have difficulties

Noted your MH is now 15 years old. Understand some insurers may not look at a vehicle this age. You want to inquiry very quickly and please post if you do have difficulties

I think i'm going to ask the AA. Will let you know how I get on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back