Holdsworth minuet peugeot

Tbear

My van looks like it is going to fail its MOT because it needs a lot of welding. Something which I have no idea how to do and cost a lot of money to get someone else to do. A lot of it needs to be done from underneath so is a skilled job. The garage says that the clutch will need replacing in the not too far distant future as well. On the plus side it is a very good quality conversion similar to this in style.

1996 HOLDSWORTH MINUET PEUGEOT Petrol in Swadlincote | Auto Trader Motorhomes

Mine still has the original upholstery and no awning unlike the one above.

The garage tell me that after the welding the bodywork and engine will be good for another 3 years. Has newish tyres and exhaust. MOT runs out at end of month.

Not sure that I want to pay garage prices to repair and renovate her. Quoted £1500 for body work and £400 for clutch but if someone who is good with a welder, she would make a wonderful project and as you see from the link, will fetch a reasonable price when done up nicely.

The other option is to brake her up and sell her bit by bit on ebay. Everything still functions so has value but I do not have the space to strip her or the room to store the bits and if I am honest. I would not enjoy ripping her apart as we have had years of fun with her so if anyone wants a project. You would need to come to Peterborough and inspect her yourself in the near future. I have little time to make decisions so if you are seriously interested please let me know. Not sure what she is worth so open to reasonable offers.

Richard

Its locked up behind the garage that did me the quote at present so I need to get some proper photos of it as is, as opposed to what it may look like when finished. Not bad from the top or inside but there is rust on sills and underneath. I may well put it on Preloved/Ebay/Gumtree whatever but I wanted to give the members on here first chance for a spring project.

Richard

Well she went to a chap that wants her for parts to convert a van. She went for £800 plus he put a new exhaust on the wife's Almera.

Richard

Sad news that she went so cheap Richard. But better than throwing good money after bad.

Better get that tarp aired!

Sadly all the main strength areas had completely gone. If we had had a bump then she would have disintegrated. It was a good thick coat of underseal holding her together. Most of the inside is of very good quality so I look forward to it being reassembled in a new home. I realize that its a heap of inert objects but I am still very saddened by it all and she will be missed by three generations of my family. Both my twin 3 year old grand children love there toy campervans and had to visit the real one every time they came to see us.

The Tents, Tarp and Bedroll are all ready to see a bit of sunshine Rob, about time I showed them some again. :)

Richard

Sadly all the main strength areas had completely gone. If we had had a bump then she would have disintegrated. It was a good thick coat of underseal holding her together. Most of the inside is of very good quality so I look forward to it being reassembled in a new home. I realize that its a heap of inert objects but I am still very saddened by it all and she will be missed by three generations of my family. Both my twin 3 year old grand children love there toy campervans and had to visit the real one every time they came to see us.

The Tents, Tarp and Bedroll are all ready to see a bit of sunshine Rob, about time I showed them some again. :)

Richard

Made me sad reading about this. I worry about my LDV Convoy for the same reason. My van has only done 20000 miles, look excellent condition from the outside yet she still needed some welding. We love our vans and put so much into them; I've spent far more on mine than she's worth. Are you going to save for another one?

Made me sad reading about this. I worry about my LDV Convoy for the same reason. My van has only done 20000 miles, look excellent condition from the outside yet she still needed some welding. We love our vans and put so much into them; I've spent far more on mine than she's worth. Are you going to save for another one?

Not sure if we will have another one. I have the money but as I'm retired I cannot replace the cash so easily, therefore unsure if its worth making such a big dent in the pension pot. May try a summer without and see how it goes. Got a new pushbike and an inflatable kayak and several tents to play with so ???

When you have your welding done please make sure that they have a really good look at it as once the rust starts to get out of hand, its silly money to get it under control again. Better spend a hundred quid this year than a thousand in six months time. There was a Porsche on the ramp at the same time and it was well and truly rotten. Mine had however done over 80,000 miles since manufacture in 1998 so cannot really complain.

Richard

Last edited:
Hopefully we'll have a great summer.

I have an inflatable kayak as well, they're great fun, not so much fun if you paddle out to far and are to knackered to paddle back though. Thankfully I'm up to date with my RNLI lifeboat donations. :D

Hopefully we'll have a great summer.

I have an inflatable kayak as well, they're great fun, not so much fun if you paddle out to far and are to knackered to paddle back though. Thankfully I'm up to date with my RNLI lifeboat donations. :D

We never consciously walk past one of there boxes. :) Not planning to take it out on the sea for now as I am a total novice and Robmac is going to be my tutor :) so god only knows what will happen. A few Doombars I'm sure.

Richard

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back