Hi

Gnomus

Hello Ive got some tents and camping gear and am planning to move up to a camper van at some point in the future. To start with my wife and myself are going to use a second hand Sedona to sleep in and rather than kit it out will use camping stoves etc . Interested in wild camping and using campsites every couple of days or so to shower etc. Intersted to read about similar experiences

Chris

Thats good,thats as good as anything.Welcome.

Welcome aboard, only comment on your plan is "Don't overpack the car as you need to move everything out of the back to kip down!"
and that can be a real pain if its raining.

Kipping in cars requires you to set up curtains of course & without insulation, cars can become very hot in the day & cold at night.

Hi Chris,

My partner and I used to do a similar thing - we had a Peugeot Expert van (for his work at the time) and just used to sleep in that, we had an airbed which we would inflate before we left and stand up on its side then just drop down at night, moving all the other gear into the front. We also used a 2 ring camping stove for cooking. We had some great times and much preferred it to tent camping! We now have a 'proper' camper and it really is something to look forward to!!

Happy camping!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back