Hi, got a Nissan Elgrand, hoping to live in it with my cat and wander Europe

Well it sounds like a nice idea. You will have considerable costs taking the cat I think??
During covid I saw a great utube video of a woman who converted a van. She looked like she did a great job and had some nice design ideas.

You will be ok with LPG in Europe but its getting harder to find in the UK. Many of the forecourt have removed their pumps. I used one the other day but its not available for propulsion only heating or cooking. Dont forget you have to return to the uk for MOT and you are only allowed 90 days in 180 in Schengen zone so you are looking at heading to Morocco which could be expensive with a cat.

You will be ok with LPG in Europe but its getting harder to find in the UK. Many of the forecourt have removed their pumps. I used one the other day but its not available for propulsion only heating or cooking. Dont forget you have to return to the uk for MOT and you are only allowed 90 days in 180 in Schengen zone so you are looking at heading to Morocco which could be expensive with a cat.
Lots of non Schengen countries in the east and south east. Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia and Turkey. Maybe also Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine, if insurance is available.

Lots of non Schengen countries in the east and south east. Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia and Turkey. Maybe also Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine, if insurance is available.
Long drive back for an MOT. Someone asked on another forum if the could get the MOT done is Spain 😂

I haven't even stripped out the van. It'll be a while before I can go anywhere. Thinking about converting it to LPG or even CNG.
Got to admit that the Elgrand is a cracking looking vehicle, good luck with everything ;)

Good luck witht he van conversion and enjoy your travels, being full time does have it's challenges but in the end it's all worth it. (y)

Regards,
Del

Back