Hi from Barnsley

BedfordMJ

I thought I'd better say hello as I've found lots of useful stuff on here. I'm having one of these converted into a motorhome and I've always been keen on getting off the beaten track.
http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=1507&Overide=1
A newer truck would have been better in some respects but would have had much higher mileage and been more expensive. I did want something that was simple to maintain.
My conversion is almost complete and soon I'll be sending it for painting after it's first MOT.
best wishes

Simon

I thought I'd better say hello as I've found lots of useful stuff on here. I'm having one of these converted into a motorhome and I've always been keen on getting off the beaten track.
A newer truck would have been better in some respects but would have had much higher mileage and been more expensive. I did want something that was simple to maintain.
My conversion is almost complete and soon I'll be sending it for painting after it's first MOT.
best wishes

Simon
Hello Simon and welcome,
That is some tool it will get you off the beaten track alright, what are you putting on the flatbed, a house.:cool:

Hello Simon and welcome,
That is some tool it will get you off the beaten track alright, what are you putting on the flatbed, a house.:cool:

Hi Trevor,
No the flat bed was removed and it had to have a sub-frame built to enable a box body to be built. I wanted to access the cab from the body and the original flat-bed was too far away from the cab. I got the idea from this site
http://www.expedition-vehicle.co.uk/Welcome.html
I did though want a lot more comfort and a Luton front for a bed. I'll not be going with the Orange colour though.
best wishes

Simon

Hi and welcome, Bedford, wait till Mandrake logs in and see's Bedford and Barnsley in the same post;), you'll have a friend for life:eek::D

Hi and welcome, Bedford, wait till Mandrake logs in and see's Bedford and Barnsley in the same post;), you'll have a friend for life:eek::D

Oh right is Mandrake into Bedfords then? I'll have to post some pics.

best wishes

Simon
Simon its fantastic, not so keen on the color, if i had something like that it would have to be camo.

Simon its fantastic, not so keen on the color, if i had something like that it would have to be camo.

Trevor, that's not my Bedford it's where I got the idea from, or rather I had the idea and did a google and found Rob's truck.
I wanted something more comfortable with air-con, satelite, generator and I needed more living space which is why I had to have a Luton made.
I can't say it's pretty and it'll never catch any pidgeons. Don't know if it's ok to post some pics in this section but I'll have a go. Mods can always move them if it's not ok.
cheers

Simon

Oh right is Mandrake into Bedfords then? I'll have to post some pics.

Yep, Mandrakes into Bedfords, but the "CF" type, and he won't know what you've got till he reads your posts.

BTW he lives in Barnsley, He may be your neighbour:eek::D

I looked at his profile I live in the town centre he's not far from me. I did like the CF's we had one as a Hospital minibus it didn't half shift. Mine definitely won't move as quick as a CF but it might be better off-road.

hi simon and welcome,
hey thats a very interesting project you got there
looking forward to seeing the pics of the finished article
all the best with it!

hi simon and welcome,
hey thats a very interesting project you got there
looking forward to seeing the pics of the finished article
all the best with it!

Oh it's nearly done now except for a few bits of furniture and MOT and paintwork. I'll keep posting pics seeing as people seem interested.

hi bedford mj just seen the posts ,firstly as it dont seem like i welcomed you to the site! please excuse me WELCOME there done. you live in barnsley then i assume you see i live in wombwell not to far away. looked at your picys very nice i am about to put my cf back on the road after a few months of being unable to drive it.

Trevor, that's not my Bedford it's where I got the idea from,
I know by the link that you posted with the orange truck.

Don't know if it's ok to post some pics in this section but I'll have a go. Mods can always move them if it's not ok.
Shure its ok to post photos, there are no mods on here as such, as we are such a friendly bunch and we are a self controlled bunch Well most of us anyway.;) I think there is a thread for posting photos somewhere on here.

Last edited:
hi bedford mj just seen the posts ,firstly as it dont seem like i welcomed you to the site! please excuse me WELCOME there done. you live in barnsley then i assume you see i live in wombwell not to far away. looked at your picys very nice i am about to put my cf back on the road after a few months of being unable to drive it.

Hi Mandrake,
Yes not far away from me I live at Worsbrough Common. I'll post a few more pics. See what you think
cheers

Simon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back