hereford lpg refillable

oldish hippy

where is the closest to hereford for gas as want to make sure mine is empty before i refil or use it at hereford then refill as gauge isnt working or have igot it wrong

Countrywide Rotherwas services HR26BQ

Callow fuels HR26LD

Acording to my LPG these are the nearest to Hereford

There is one on the M5 at Easington John Staytevservices GL10

You Fill Up With LPG At..............

.............. Texaco/Coop, Holmer Rd, Hereford, HR4 9RX. Tel: 01432 271253.

I've just phoned them for you and they have plenty of lpg. It's currently 63.9 per litre.

Not the cheapest but it's only 1.3 miles (2 km) from Hereford Rowing Club.

It'll be good to see you again Barrie - it's been too long!

Colin :):):)

Last edited:
thanks colin could get it local but dont think ithat low gauge is rubbish on van last time it was empty in only took 2 litres to fill it

thanks colin could get it local but dont think ithat low gauge is rubbish on van last time it was empty in only took 2 litres to fill it

I've got the clip on gauges and they do tend to be a bit hit and miss. I find that the fridge stops working when I've run out of gas and that's a sure fire way of knowing the bottles are empty.

I've got the clip on gauges and they do tend to be a bit hit and miss. I find that the fridge stops working when I've run out of gas and that's a sure fire way of knowing the bottles are empty.

Ahhh I beg to differ my fridge has stopped working and both my bottles sure full to the brim 😂😂😂😂😂

My tank is a underslung tak so dont have option of usiing one bottle then refill the thother

Locks Garage on the A465 5 miles South of Hereford. We're less than a mile away if you fancy a coffee too. Mind you Locks sell a big coffee for only a quid.

Gas-it Gauges

The flimsy ones that clip on...
Are next to useless..(IMO)
Whilst there is still good pressure they show full even ig the amount of gas is low
Still some gas left when they say empty but then top up is required very soon.

Keep a record of how much when you top up and date
You can find the capacity of your tank.

We use a fairly consistent average of 1 litre per day so we know when to topup on a time basis
We have 2 tanks so we have a safety net
We have just swapped to the second tank
22 days on 1 tank 11kg lpg
11kg = 21 litres this is slightly at odds with the 80% fill capacity
This matches our usage over a 4 year period (summers only)
so Main usage is Fridge and cooking
We rarely use EHU so fridge on gas 80% of the time
We are careful with heating on a mid-sized MoHo
Yours is smaller so less gas for heating for you except in winter

Copied from internet
Unlike water, 1kg of LPG does NOT equal 1L of LPG. This is because the density or specific gravity of LPG is less than water. In Australia, where LPG is propane, 1kg of LPG has a volume of 1.96L
This does of course vary slightly wwith temperaure

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back