Help with the essentials

merluza

Hi, new to all of this, where can you empty your toilet cassete and grey water and refil with fresh water without using a site in the UK

Hi and welcome from Scotland enjoy 😊

In our van we can go for 3-4 days before we need to replenish,drain and empty which we can do back home. Any trips longer than that, as mentioned in a earlier thread we find a camp site to do the deeds.

Discretely check for cameras leave no trace,for longer trips if room Carry a spare cassette .

Hi and welcome, poi maps show many tap locations.

Some you can find, Some are well hidden, Some have the top missing, Some are in grotty toilets, Some are in Church Yards round the back in the nettles and some are just in plain view but someone has turned the water off. So always travel with a full tank and keep your eyes open. Tap spotting is good fun :D Always be aware that someone somewhere is paying for it.

I'm a member of one of the caravan groups (the cheapest) I usually pop onto a temp holiday site or rally for under a tenner and empty and fill up.

100 ltr tanks on my bus,as yet never used as i have two 5 ltr camping bottles which work out fine until we get to a watering hole.

Attachments

• cosy cottage a.png
    cosy cottage a.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 123
  • cosy cottage a.jpg.png
    cosy cottage a.jpg.png
    522.4 KB · Views: 198
I empty mine in public toilets before you all eat me alive I use bio balls meant for dishwasher or washing machine instead of chemicals it works just as well costs a fraction of the price from many supermarkets and smells nice too

I empty mine in public toilets before you all eat me alive I use bio balls meant for dishwasher or washing machine instead of chemicals it works just as well costs a fraction of the price from many supermarkets and smells nice too
the bio stuff causes just as much harm to a cesspit as the proper chemicals, I see no advantage in using any bio washing stuff over decent toilet chemicals except may be cost but i generally buy most of mine in bulk so not much of a problem, as full timers we have tried various washing stuff over the years and still went back to Elsan or an equivalent that I get from a chap I know once or twice a year.

the bio stuff causes just as much harm to a cesspit as the proper chemicals, I see no advantage in using any bio washing stuff over decent toilet chemicals except may be cost but i generally buy most of mine in bulk so not much of a problem, as full timers we have tried various washing stuff over the years and still went back to Elsan or an equivalent that I get from a chap I know once or twice a year.
The bio stuff is only washing up liquid basically

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back