Help sought

Martin P

We have a slight issue
The brakes on our motorhome (Renault Master based) have started to graunch so I need to change the front pads. We are in Inverness so can pick a new set up from a motor factors in the morning along with a cheap socket set and pair of axle stands.
Am going to need a flat bit of ground to change them. Anyone any suggestions near to Inverness.
Not going to use garage so please dont suggest that!

Naughty boy, should keep an eye on things, has van a wear indicator light on the dash, mine did before i made it all vanish.

Thanks Trev
Yes will buy pair axle stands tomorrow along with small socket set, wd 40 large screwdriver and copperslip. And disposable coveralls. I have tarp to lie on
Changed front pads on my vivaro this year and the master is similar but bigger.

Just hope the caliper slide pins not seized
Thats what the wd is for, my car ones had seized & when i released the buggers the calipers rattled when driving, tried new grease which lasted a week, solution was clean and smear with silcon gasket sealer and not quite but let it semi dry before sliding into the shoe and refitting caliper, no rattles now and will let the slide pins move, there is a tip for folks.

The handbrake only operates on the rear wheels, but still a good idea to chock them before you start work. Good Luck!

It is quite an easy job to change the front pads on a Master, I have done it several times myself.

Things to watch though, are your brake discs in good enough condition and when did you last change the brake fluid........... I change my brake fluid every other year.

Phil

We were parked on the hospital cp for hours while my wife had her leg plastered and no one bothered me and plenty of room if you don’t try to get too close to main buildings

Well. All done
Slipped through Inverness at 5.30 this morning to miss the traffic. Handy layby outside Highland motor factors on Stadium rd. Showers and breakfast. Factors opened 7.30. Recommended.
Drove to CR . Fantastic. A concrete slab 3 feet wider and 3 ft longer than van. Wheel nuts very tight but ok
Nothing seized. Pistons hard to push back but used spare axle stand top
10 am and all done.
Blessed relief. Thank you to the Gods

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back