Help needed.

byron

Mornings..
I have a 1999.peugot boxer.and the fan heater switch has stopped working, I have checked the fuse and that's OK.i have noticed she is heating up quick on temperature gauge. And wondered if any one knows what could be wrong..thanks in advance.

Sender unit is faulty which is normally found at the thermostat housing, also make sure you test the fan motor.
This was a common fault on old skodas which I always fitted a bypass switch on the dash to override the themo switch.

Note, if it's the resistor then it usually works on max speed but not lower speeds.

Thats exactly what my 1996 Boxer is doing. Its always been iffy. At one point I got a replacement unit from a scrappy after it failed and had my mechanic fit that but it went the same way. Only works on number 4 now.

I thought it was the engine heating up hence my post, if it's the cab heater then the thermo resister, the same fault with my van but intermittent.

Note, if it's the resistor then it usually works on max speed but not lower speeds.
Not necessarily, a bad connection with the plug can burn out the resistor, I have changed two for family members in the last year, both times the problem was no heater fan at all

I also had the dreaded "Peugeot max fan speed only" fault. Mine was covered by warranty but I found many videos on You Tube explaining how to fix it.

Same problem on our 2010 ducato . Bought one online and watched a YouTube video to help install it. Definitely a diy job. Luckily ours hadn’t got a burnt/damaged wiring connector so it was just a straight resistor swap job.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back