Help needed with 240v electrics

Biggarmac

Help! I'm in Salamanca Spain. Last night it was -6 on the aire at Palencia; so today I have booked in to a campsite near Salamanca. Plugged in the electrics. Little light shows on control panel - electric to the van ok. Plugged in the tester for the earth etc. Nothing. Tries all the 240v plugs. Nothing. Checked the circuit breaker and the 240v fuse box. All ok, but still no power to the plugs. What else can I check?

Is there an RCD that is tripped? Some breakers need to be turned off and then back on if they trip, and stating the obvious perhaps, but up is usually on.

Thanks. Everything looked ok but I prodded about switching everything off and on again and now it works!

Help! I'm in Salamanca Spain. Last night it was -6 on the aire at Palencia; so today I have booked in to a campsite near Salamanca. Plugged in the electrics. Little light shows on control panel - electric to the van ok. Plugged in the tester for the earth etc. Nothing. Tries all the 240v plugs. Nothing. Checked the circuit breaker and the 240v fuse box. All ok, but still no power to the plugs. What else can I check?

-6c that's much colder than here !

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks. I have one of the test plugs and it showed no lights when I had the problem. All ok now after a bit of switching on and off.

Hope your safe in the cold and your electrics are still working good,white with the frost here in West Lothian but no snow and sat was a cracking winters day with sun out.
Trust you are enjoying it over there albeit very cold.
Hope your crossing was not too rough.you can see we have some meetings set up for next year and if you fancy give me a shout on your return
Stay safe regards Gordon

I have one of these which shows power before trip fuses and can change polarity if required.

Attachments

• lece 1.jpg
    lece 1.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 74
  • polarity switch.JPG
    polarity switch.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 76
Hope your safe in the cold and your electrics are still working good,white with the frost here in West Lothian but no snow and sat was a cracking winters day with sun out.
Trust you are enjoying it over there albeit very cold.
Hope your crossing was not too rough.you can see we have some meetings set up for next year and if you fancy give me a shout on your return
Stay safe regards Gordon

Hi Gordon. Thanks. Now down at Catral visiting friends at Marjal in the warmth, electrics a bit iffy but working. Plenty of gas if I need it! Crossing flat calm. Starting work at Almafra tomorrow till the end of March. Hopefully see you next year sometime. Meg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back