help my pc is freezing

Ive uninstalled norton, can re-install it if I want
just running a full system scan with vga
seems to be ok so far
it'll take all night,so i'll just pour myself another one
and wait! :D :D :D sundown
as long as you still have the security key number you can re install norton if you decide to:D

I agree with baloo, Norton causes most of the problems, get rid of it, install AVG then run a virus check, will almost guarantee that AVG finds a couple of viruses that Norton didn`t even know existed, then do a defrag. If you really want to be on the safe side, download Zone Alarm, Spywareblaster and Lavasofts AdAware. (All free)
I agree, DON'T ever reinstall Norton, after runnig AGV.NEVER EVER !. If you don't have 1Gig RAM it will slow you down : a snail will be speedy Gonzalez ! Spywareblaster+ Ad-aware are OK. If you are afraid of contamination via e-mail: change Outlook express forr Incredimail; easier, nicer and they have their own firewall.

Yep, why pay for rubbish you don't need. Turn off windows firewall and mail protection and use free Zone Alarm and Free AVG permanently (they update automatically just the same as the paid ones) - and run ad aware and spyware blaster ever few weeks

Interesting article in PCPro for Feb 2008 (latest edition despite dating!) looking at Security Suites...comment on success rate for Norton, "Symantec was naturally only able to furnish us with threats which were already known to the company - a safety net the other vendors didn't have, and one you may wish to take into account when considering Norton's performance in this test"
As I understand it, Norton & MacAfee pay OEM's to preinstall a trial copy of their programmes, which may explain the widespread use of them.
Personally I use Eset to support Adaware and Spyware Blaster with Vista Ultimates firewall and a system which automatically updates security patches.
Never quite undestood those who condemn Microsoft for providing updates, while cheerfully accepting the updating of antivirus software as new threats appear.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back