on this site.
I think it may be to do with the snow
the same is happening on yahoo home-page
which also has snow animations
am I missing a browser add-on or something
can any-one help :confused: :confused:
sundown

UPDATE
the snow has stoped( I think admin switched it off)
and all workes fine now
thanks admin!
did any-one else experirnce this problem
sundown

Last edited:
Probably a lack of RAM memory. Do you know how much is in the Computer? Time was when 32Mb of RAM was a lot. These days laptops, with the new Vista package, are routinely coming with 2 Gigabyte.

this one i am using at the mo was as slow as a snail yesterday but it is ok today

hi, im having problems with my computer slowing down terribly
on this site.
sundown

Assuming this is not a joke..try Lavasoft's Adaware and Javacools Spyware Blaster (Both free) Running Vista Ulitmate on 2gb with no problemss. Try clearing garbage wirh CCleaner Clear Internet cache.

hi, sagart
no it wasn't a joke, i have norton installed so, regular scans for adware, spyware etc. cache and temp int files cleared regulary defraged etc
inside the pc is cleaner than the camper
but the problem disappeared when the snow was switched off
I think I must have something installed which clashed with the snow animation
anyway thanks to all for your suggestions
sundown

hi, im having problems with my computer slowing down terribly
on this site.
sundown

UPDATE
the snow has stoped( I think admin switched it off)
and all workes fine now
thanks admin!
did any-one else experirnce this problem
sundown

What browser are you running?

hi, sagart
no it wasn't a joke, i have norton installed so, regular scans for adware, spyware etc. cache and temp int files cleared regulary defraged etc
inside the pc is cleaner than the camper
but the problem disappeared when the snow was switched off
I think I must have something installed which clashed with the snow animation
anyway thanks to all for your suggestions
sundown
Sorry about the "joke" comment, but it is Christmas! Intrigued as I hadn't noticed any slowing down on either my Pc. or laptop with this snow effect,

Norton is probably the problem! When it first came out, it was a very good package. These days, there are far better packages about and they're for free

Try AVG for you anti virus and Zone Alarm for your firewall. Try this first before you start on costly upgrades.

Are you running Windows Vista? Vista is a RAM hungrey program. The reaso is that it trying to carry so many bolted on bits but we won't go into that now - LOL

Norton is probably the problem! When it first came out, it was a very good package. These days, there are far better packages about and they're for free

Try AVG for you anti virus and Zone Alarm for your firewall. Try this first before you start on costly upgrades.

Are you running Windows Vista? Vista is a RAM hungrey program. The reaso is that it trying to carry so many bolted on bits but we won't go into that now - LOL

I agree with baloo, Norton causes most of the problems, get rid of it, install AVG then run a virus check, will almost guarantee that AVG finds a couple of viruses that Norton didn`t even know existed, then do a defrag. If you really want to be on the safe side, download Zone Alarm, Spywareblaster and Lavasofts AdAware. (All free)

well, thanks all you guys for opening my eyes to norton
when I think back, I thought my laptop slowed down a bit when I installed it
but if better ones are free, its about time i looked into that,
which is just what im about to do!.

thanks again, sundown

get a.v.g free addition, had this virus protection for 3 years and is the best about. any virus or threat it finds it, no exeptions kills it dead, you dont even have to check on a download once running on your computer it checks every thing. it will update itself, its like a body guard for a computer . norton forget it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I have just jumped on the bandwagon and installed AVG75 successfully, I was previously protected by Blueyonder PC Guard, Do I have to uninstall this programme now as it still starts up on start up?

Thanks in advance..Lenny

Hi. I have just jumped on the bandwagon and installed AVG75 successfully, I was previously protected by Blueyonder PC Guard, Do I have to uninstall this programme now as it still starts up on start up?

Thanks in advance..Lenny
donno lenny, ive just uninstalled norton(esier to install than uninstall)
and am about to install avg
sundown

you may as well uninstall any other virus program you have running. but if you want, dissable any other virus protection just to make shure you like a.v.g first especialy if you have paid for your program

Thanks Mandrake , I'll wait a little while and see how it goes.

Regards..Lenny

Ive uninstalled norton, can re-install it if I want
just running a full system scan with vga
seems to be ok so far
it'll take all night,so i'll just pour myself another one
and wait! :D :D :D sundown

thats the thing with a.v.g it scans deep and full can take an age, but when you get used to it you can scan individual files or only the areas you want. i find it a good program there is also a spy ware version too thats quite good also.

thats the thing with a.v.g it scans deep and full can take an age, but when you get used to it you can scan individual files or only the areas you want. i find it a good program there is also a spy ware version too thats quite good also.
hi mandrake
ive just installed it, run a full system scan , (faster than norton)
all seems a'ok so far
thanks for the info
sundown

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back