hello to all

debbie2672

just a quick hello to all,just found this site in a magazine, sounded good so i thought i'd check it out, any advice on the legalities of where i can and can't pitch my tent in the great outdoors would be gratefully received as i didnt realise you could, thank-you xx

Hi and Welcome

It all depends where you are. In Scotland you have a legal right to wildcamp under canvas but there are stipulations. Im no expert but Im sure someone will come along who is. We used to go on a boys trip every year with a VW camper van and a couple of tents (I always got the tent!). We did 17 scottish islands and a fair few places on the mainland. We had a mixture of Wild camping and campsites, usually only using a campsite when we started to pong a bit. Never had any issues. In England we have wild camped in both tents and motorhomes in the lakes, wales and yorkshire dales. You have to be more careful in England especially in popular places like the lakes. The general rule of thumb is if it doesnt feel right move on. As long as you respect the country side and the locals you should be fine.

Have fun!

Hi Debbie, welcome to the wildside, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Tom

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back