Hello from the Cotswolds!!

hunter0f2

Hi folks!! I'm Pete from the Cotswolds. Taken early retirement, due to a Urostomy. Thinking swapping either mine or wifes car for a Camper/Day Van Type thing, just to make life a little more comfortable for us on Excursions/ Weekend Jaunts etc.

Had a look at a Bongo but not very Impressed !! Going to check out some, Elgrands & Stepwgns.... Any way I liked the look of this Site so I thought I would Check it out.... I'll be posting & asking questions..... CU Soon!!:cool:

Hiya,Pete and welcome to the site:) good luck with the van hunting,keep us posted;)

Hi Pete,
Welcome to the forum
cheers

Simon

Last edited:
Welcome

Hi Pete enjoy the site lots of info in the forum,not sure about the suitability of Mazda Bongos the seats are not very comfortable like wood i am told anyway whatever your weapon of choice enjoy your retirement:)Andy.

happy days

hi Pete,
Welcome!
I agree about bongo not the most roomy or comfortable for us older bods.

Keep looking and let us know if you find anything good.

weez

hi and welcome as for a small weekender there are plenty of them about just keep looking .have you thought of something like a bedford rascal or Suzuki type van with the fiberglass body built on they are a good cheapish motor .

Thanks Folks

Hi folks & thank you for the Welcome!!!:)

You are right about the Bongo , I think its for people slightly smaller & more supple than me & my Mrs..

Really the Day Van caperbilities are more important to me than the out & out Camper side.... The sleeping side of things could kick in on a " Hotels fully Booked, Breakdown, Too tired to carry on, Emergency" Scenario. That where a bit of " Wild Camping " may come in ... Cheers ....:D

Hi there Pete, good luck with the van hunt and welcome to the mad house.:eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back