Hello, from the Cookies

Cookies

Free Member
We are newbies to the forum. We are nearly finishing our campervan conversion & really looking forward to our new adventure. Could anyone please advise us on insurance for our converted van as presently only insured as a commercial vehicle.
Thank you for any advise.

Hi, welcome. Ours is a conversion and not had any issues insuring it...AIB, Adrian Flux, NFU, Comfort and Safeguard are all worth a try.

• Well Done
Reactions: Lee
We are newbies to the forum. We are nearly finishing our campervan conversion & really looking forward to our new adventure. Could anyone please advise us on insurance for our converted van as presently only insured as a commercial vehicle.
Thank you for any advise.
I’ve also converted a T5 transporter van into a camper, if it’s finished you need to fill in a form you can download the form from the DVLA, they list a several things that need to be changed, for them to alter the description from panel van to Campervan, that in turn allows you to insure it as a Campervan, hope this helps, I’m still working through the list

I’ve also converted a T5 transporter van into a camper, if it’s finished you need to fill in a form you can download the form from the DVLA, they list a several things that need to be changed, for them to alter the description from panel van to Campervan, that in turn allows you to insure it as a Campervan, hope this helps, I’m still working through the list
Hi..
What is the for called?

The dvla may just send form back as van with windows, dont panic as AIB ins will cover you, oh and welcome from Glengormley Co Antrim. (y)

Hi sorry for the delay, forgot where I put it, the form is a motor caravan conversion checklist no V1006 you can download this off the government website ok hope this helps

This is the actual form

Attachments

• 30F1DF03-F0A4-412F-9F1A-0C6263B2DB4F.jpeg
    30F1DF03-F0A4-412F-9F1A-0C6263B2DB4F.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 41
Hope the cookies haven't crumbled? Been a couple of weeks nearly. Good luck with the DVLA Reikiman. (y) I think we must have been one of the last conversions (back in 2014) to get the motorcaravan label and not a van with windows.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back