Hello From Scotland

JudeNJem

Hi there,
I joined this forum almost 2 years ago, but this is my first post:eek:

We don't wild camp so I thought I couldn't really participate. However, on reading the topics and posts I've found a wealth of information relating to practically every aspect of motorhoming - not just wild camping.

We've had a m/h for 3 years now and before that various caravans and tents. Our first m/h was a Bessacarr and last month we changed it for an Adria Vision 677. We've been away a couple of times already this year, but only up to Perthshire. We tour quite a bit in the UK and spend our main holidays in France. Infact, today I received our booking confirmation for Eurotunnel - we're off to France for 3 weeks :)

Now where are all my maps and books:confused:

wilding

Welcome guy's I hope the wild camping thing
has not put you off I am quite sure everbody on this site
uses sites but it relates to the fact that we are all up for
a bit of wilding and there are no issues with it its total freedom
also some people may think there is stigma in what you drive
my old van is a well used F redg , we also tow a caravan now and
then hey lets get out there:):cool:

Hi and I must agree with you about the wealth of knowledge on this site, I for one gain lots of useful information from the other members, by the way you live in a great part of Scotland, we often travel up Loch Lomond on the way to Fort William, the views are quite stunning. Hope you have a great holiday in France, we are hoping to make our maiden voyage to France this year in our M/H. We were up in Dunkeld Perthshire at the end of last year we had a great visit.

Regards Tom

Welcome to the Wildside.
I hope that you enjoy your France excursion as much as we usually do. Have a great time:cool:

loch lomond

Hi and I must agree with you about the wealth of knowledge on this site, I for one gain lots of useful information from the other members, by the way you live in a great part of Scotland, we often travel up Loch Lomond on the way to Fort William, the views are quite stunning. Hope you have a great holiday in France, we are hoping to make our maiden voyage to France this year in our M/H. We were up in Dunkeld Perthshire at the end of last year we had a great visit.

Regards Tom
agree a suberb part of Scotland done it too death
and keep going back

Good morning, and thanks to everyone for your kind welcome to the forum:)

I have to admit that, in the excitement of writing my first post, I omitted to mention the fact that although we are indeed off to France, unfortunately, it isn't until May:eek:

So, thanks for sending your best wishes for our trip - I'll keep them and use them on May:)

96 days ......and counting!!

Cheers

Shona

France

I would like to ask,why do you and most members choose to go via the tunnel to France:confused: is,nt it cheaper via sea-france ? we always travel by ferry,agreed it takes a little longer (90mins) but it does give you a chance to stretch your legs and rest up a little,before your next stint behind the wheel:) especially the scottish members !!!
look foward to your views:)

Regards
Nogger

Hi Nogger,
We have two Yorkies, and I don't like the thought of them being left in the car deck on the ferry.:eek: I much prefer the ferries, especially the longer crossings, but while we have the dogs I'm afraid it's the tunnel for us.

Shona

Hi Nogger,
We have two Yorkies, and I don't like the thought of them being left in the car deck on the ferry.:eek: I much prefer the ferries, especially the longer crossings, but while we have the dogs I'm afraid it's the tunnel for us.

Shona

I apreciate your situation as we also have a small dog (king Charles :D),sometimes allthough not really allowed:p we disapear to the back of our motorhome and lay low so to say untill the coast is clear;) upto now we have had no problems:) infact we have seen many a car passenger asleep as we have returned to our motorhome,hence us doing the same now and again:p

regards
Nogger

sorry shona,I forgot to ask you,I was interested to know what you think of your Adria vision ? nearly bought one myself but eventually went for the Coral S690SP with the queen,s bed at the rear.

hope you don,t mind me asking

regards
Nogger

welcome to the wildys i am shure you will enjoy .you dont have to just wild camp to be on here plenty of info on sites .

Adria Vision

Hi Nogger,

We really hadn't planned on changing our Bessacarr E465, but I got a bit fed up having to make the bed up every night - and then having no proper lounge area when it was made up.
We had looked at Autotrail and Pilote, but I fell in love with the Vision the moment I saw her...and that was that:)
We collected her last month and have been away twice so far. Everything seems fine and we're really happy with the layout, and I feel really "at home" in her.
We did have a few things added before we took delivery, including a couple of extra sockets - not because we use much in the way of electrical appliances, but because the sockets were in such inconvenient places:confused:
All in all we're delighted with her and are planning to go away again in a couple of weeks time.

I hope you are enjoying the Coral as much as we are the Vision:)

Cheers,

Shona

(Oh....and I'll bear in mind your sneaky move on the ferry:eek:)

Alarm Clock

Hi Nogger,

We really hadn't planned on changing our Bessacarr E465, but I got a bit fed up having to make the bed up every night - and then having no proper lounge area when it was made up.
We had looked at Autotrail and Pilote, but I fell in love with the Vision the moment I saw her...and that was that:)
We collected her last month and have been away twice so far. Everything seems fine and we're really happy with the layout, and I feel really "at home" in her.
We did have a few things added before we took delivery, including a couple of extra sockets - not because we use much in the way of electrical appliances, but because the sockets were in such inconvenient places:confused:
All in all we're delighted with her and are planning to go away again in a couple of weeks time.

I hope you are enjoying the Coral as much as we are the Vision:)

Cheers,

Shona

(Oh....and I'll bear in mind your sneaky move on the ferry:eek:)

Shona don,t forget to set the alarm clock then:D would hate to think you woke up again back in the uk:D:D:D:
sweet dreams:p

regards nogger:)

Hiya JudeNJeM, and welcome to the site:), the more Jocks the merrier, not to forgetting the Welsh and Irish:rolleyes:

Oh :eek: and the Belgian:p:D

Last edited:
Hiya JudeNJeM, and welcome to the site:), the more Jocks the merrier, not to forgetting the Welsh and Irish:rolleyes:

Oh :eek: and the Belgian:p:D

whats wrong with us yorkies :D:D mind you i will let you off as i am half welsh i am :eek::D:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back