Hello evryone.

mazolaman

How do,
I'm Kevin, and you find me in Helsinki, as my wife and I have camped through Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Suomi, on our grand Scando/ Euro trip.
I've picked up a few tips from here, so thought it fair to sign up.
We've wild camped through these countries most of the time, with the occaisional campsite stop to do the necessary stuff.
I guess a tip would be, in these countries at least, take the main road, then take the smallest looking road you can find off that road, preferably an unmade road, there you will usually find a place to stay, usually in a beautiful setting. The sat nav is also handy, a cheap 38 quid one from fleebay, with which you can see an overview of your own position, and look for dead ends around you. We've found nothing but beautiful lakes and forests to park in in Suomi and Sweden, and more lakes and mountains in Norway.
The only slightly difficult area thus far was southern coastal Sweden, where they are a bit sick of campervans, and can make it a bit difficult for you.
We're in a transit called Poppy, that I converted, and run on LPG, which is a great saving, but not in Finland, where it is illegal!
You can check out our progress holidayjollity, where I try to be honest about the places we've been and people we've met, rather than saying everything is very nice, which is dull.
Scandinavia is a beautiful land though.
If anyone has any tips on wild camping with campervan in Estonia, latvia, Lithuania...please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Kevin.

Ooh you lucky people..enjoy every minute and every mile you can get....we would certainly be doing it if we could!!:drive:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back