Hello & a question about the POI database

dane

Hi,

Been a free member for a while. We have a '91 Westy (Betty Bus) and for the last couple of years have camped mostly of campsites, sometimes in service stations and in various aires and things abroad.

Went wildcamping for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Wales and didn't get murdered or anything which was nice, so we are keen to try a bit more (full story here: The Really Wild Show | The Betty Bus Diaries if you've got too much time on your hands, it's the second part, not the trip the zoo, although that was pretty cool).

Thinking of becoming a full member but curious about the POI database. Just wondering what proportion of the locations are the more remote scenic spots rather car parks and things in more built up areas?

Cheers,
d.

I don't know of the exact proportion, but there are more than enough scenic type POI's to keep you going for a few years! I would fully recommend becoming a full member, the POI's pay for the membership in a couple of trips.

The overwhelming majority of the POIs are not in urban or built-up areas - I'd say around 90%!

Thanks Robmac and POI Admin, sounds like just the sort of thing we are looking for. Best sign up then.

d.

I'm sure you won't regret it. I see by your 'sticker window' that you are big Scotland fans like me. (the country not the football team!). Lots of wilding available up there!

Yes, we loved Scotland, fantastic scenery along the west coast. Need to see more but it's a long old trek for us, otherwise we'd be up there a lot!

Need to update that photo, the window is almost full now.

Cheers.

Been zooming around the POIs in Google Earth. I've noticed Earth crashes a lot on my macbook. Will try the phone later and see how that fares.

d.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back