Heat Stains? on m/h wall

bobj808

Free Member
I removed an ugly useless Ring light beside the door of my m/h and replaced it with a Fiamma gutter led which is real smart. However, the old light had 2 halogen bulbs and there are tan coloured stains on the white wall where it was fitted. I think these have been caused by the heat from the bulbs. I've tried caravan black stain remover and various kitchen cleaners without success. Was wondering if anyone knows if these marks can be removed or if I'll need to just cover the area with some sort of graphic. Thanks, Bob.

I removed an ugly useless Ring light beside the door of my m/h and replaced it with a Fiamma gutter led which is real smart. However, the old light had 2 halogen bulbs and there are tan coloured stains on the white wall where it was fitted. I think these have been caused by the heat from the bulbs. I've tried caravan black stain remover and various kitchen cleaners without success. Was wondering if anyone knows if these marks can be removed or if I'll need to just cover the area with some sort of graphic. Thanks, Bob.

The only thing that springs to mind is rubbing compound or kitchen cream cleaner or vim ?

:dog::dog::dog:

Try sugar soap good for removing yellow stains. And if you resort to grafic then try some raw petrol on a cloth as a last try.

Watered down toothpaste is also good, very light pressure over a large area not just the stains. Andy

I have found carb cleaner or easy start or meths will shift stains,hope you fitted led units and dumped the old gas filled things from the last century.

Bicarbonate of soda mixed with vinegar is a good cleaner, though I've had success with toothpaste, also lemon juice can fade stains.

Hi, the marks are basically the size of the square lamp backing plate, although distinctly in two parts which makes me pretty certain the 2 bulbs were the culprit. And yes, I've converted all the interior lights to led. Also changed the 'kitchen' huge halogen thingy to a real natty touch on/off led strip. I've added an outside 12V marine socket to power our led strips in our recently purchased air awning. You get a remote with them which is bright at 20%. When set to 100% you think the sun (Live in Scotland and have read stories about this big yellow thing in the sky) has fallen in through the roof. Thanks very much for all the replies - gives me plenty of things to try. Bob.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back