health insurance

I've used a polices arranged through Caravan and Motorhome club and Camping and Caravaning Club.
Earlier this year £110.00 for two 64 & 68 year olds for 6 months plus 2 times £11 for medical screening, heart and thyroid.

I've used a polices arranged through Caravan and Motorhome club and Camping and Caravaning Club.
Earlier this year £110.00 for two 64 & 68 year olds for 6 months plus 2 times £11 for medical screening, heart and thyroid.

thank you i will give them a ring later.....

We use Staysure, but, like lots of insurers, you have to remember to notify them every time you get medical treatment, change medication or even just medical advice. This can be a pain if you have health conditions.

Also, again like many, they don’t cover you for private treatment if you’re in a country with a public health system. You have use the public hospitals. Depending where you’re going, this might or might not be a problem, but worth bearing in mind. You might ask why bother with health insurance pre brexit in Europe...repatriation is the main benefit it seems to me! Unless you can find an insurer who will let you use private hospitals when there is a public system. If you do, please let me know who it is!

can anyone recommend a particularly good health insurance product for european travel plesse ? thanks

It depends very much on the individual (age, general health, pre-existing conditions...) and their requirements (single trip/annual policy, length of trip, activities...). I've used a number of travel insurers over the years, depending on what I needed cover for and the premiums quoted. Comparison sites generally include travel insurance, so worth checking on one of those initially.

hi i am am member of myccc .co.uk and under insurance on their website i cannot find health insurance... am i looking in the wrong place ? thanks

We use Staysure, but, like lots of insurers, you have to remember to notify them every time you get medical treatment, change medication or even just medical advice. This can be a pain if you have health conditions.

Also, again like many, they don’t cover you for private treatment if you’re in a country with a public health system. You have use the public hospitals. Depending where you’re going, this might or might not be a problem, but worth bearing in mind. You might ask why bother with health insurance pre brexit in Europe...repatriation is the main benefit it seems to me! Unless you can find an insurer who will let you use private hospitals when there is a public system. If you do, please let me know who it is!

thanks mark i was given a significant discount code somehow so i got a years cover for £80 - dead chuffed mate... many thanks

thanks mark i was given a significant discount code somehow so i got a years cover for £80 - dead chuffed mate... many thanks

£80???? Blimey.

You must be young and extremely healthy, or it was the worlds biggest discount ever.

I’m neither young nor healthy. My annual premium is about £300 but to be fair, a large part of that is due to a recent stroke ☹️. I’ve hopes it’ll reduce again provided I don’t have another.

The closest I’ve come to another so far is choking over the size of your premium!

In the renal world where people are post transplant or stable on dialysis allclear seem popular as do the post office I suspect extended trips can be an issue though

Channa

It certainly pays to shop around. I was quoted over £3000 on a comparison site, scrolling down the list it came down to £300 with better benefits than the £3000.

Delish got hers for £80 because of her ethereal beauty, Gazelle type grace and she knows how to flutter those eyelashes!;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back