Headlight beam deflectors when over the channel

All you need to do is mirror what you did when going over to europe if it's the same vehicle but with left hand drive lights
i.e. if you put them bottom left of the bulb then put them bottom right.
Top left of the bulb would be top right etc. etc.
It's over 2 years ago now and have difficulty remembering what I did 2 days ago ! , but more Internet research shows that Eurolight have a specific product for cars coming into UK with fitting instructions so if they are available at the tunnel then problem solved. I will not loose any sleep over this but if I can do the right thing and fit them then I will

The fact that we do not have any Police would be the reason you have never seen a foreign vehicle stopped. Our Police get all their revenue from correctly registered UK vehicle number plates on camera. If you are in a foreign registered vehicle you can do what you like and no one will catch you doing anything. Whereas the French do have Police, and they roam the streets, can stop you and march you to the nearest cash point and obtain a fine from you.

I do my best to obey the laws of any country I’m visiting as (a) it’s only polite (b) why risk problems with authority and (c) it leaves me free to rant about bloody foreigners who don’t obey English law when I’m at home. As I travel on the continent three or four times a year I use plastic clip-on headlight protectors which I keep ready with black tape in the appropriate place. Less than a minute’s work in the ferry queue and it’s done. Why be a dickhead and dazzle oncoming drivers?

What about tinting yellow. Looks French from old days. I know it’s not law now.

What about tinting yellow. Looks French from old days. I know it’s not law now.
It is now illegal to have yellow tinting on headlights in France unless your vehicle was registered before 1993.

I do remember the days though when you had to pop into Halfords to buy the plastic yellow beam deflectors that completely covered your circular Lucas headlight. Not many non French cars had any other shape in those days,

I can just about remember 40+ years ago when we used to stock yellow headlamp bulbs for use when driving in France.

I agonised over this subject, couldn’t find deflectors for those little circular headlights on the Pegaso, finally discovered how to adjust them with extreme difficulty in the cramped space…but a final check shining them against a white garage door revealed they already had a European flat top beam with no kick up. Worth doing checking yours before finding you are worrying over a non existent problem.

I bought my LHD Renault master based hymer in Germany. Easy enough to get some rhd headlights for the mot and UK driving. Just as easy to swop headlights at home before driving to whatever ferry port.Prior to that I had a 1994 ducatto based LHD dethleffs and used black tape for the mot.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back