Have you all booked your ferries?

Right now you can still only travel for authorised reasons and not for holidays or leisure.
No green light just yet.

You'll be right about the stampede though! :oops:

I know, but it'll be a green light for some. You can almost feel the tension, should I book, should I wait. :unsure::unsure:

France eases travel for UK and six other countries.
I'll wait till after the stampede.:eek:
And for us until we think its safe and Covid tests are no longer needed and the EU gets its act together and does some vaccinations instead of blaming us for its mistakes so possibly this time next year

If the abenteuer-allrad show doesn't get cancelled I'll be off end of May. Won't be booking yet though
Will be when my 2nd jab is due which is a PIA, 😂

Think I shall wait until a vaccine passport is agreed between EU and UK in preference to 2 PCD tests before departure and after arrival, and the quarantine system is finished or is explained as to wether it can be done in a Motorhome.

Looking at September as more realistic.

Davy

With a PCR tests around £120 that an additional £480 for a couple to travel !!

And that, I assume is one way only! According to Irish ferries website (which links through to a French embassy website) you need a test 72 hours before departure, another a couple of days after arrival. How this is monitored is difficult to know but since they state there is a quarantine period, perhaps you end up in a hotel at expense.

Am I right in thinking you might need tests before leaving France and again after arrival in UK?

Davy

September at the very earlist but probably October if all goes well, wind in the right direction and all that malarky etc. etc. etc. :unsure:

Here's hoping that there is plenty of availability on the Cal Mac ferries this summer as going abroad does not seem to be likely, given the latest figures from the continent.

@witzend This link, which is the French Cosulate in London website, states yes you need tests and quarantine at present returning to the UK.

It basically states that from 18th jan you need a negative test before arrival in the UK. On the face of it you need to quarantine for 10 days and have further tests on days 2 and 8, although I thought that was only for ‘Red’ countries. However the UK foreign office site seems to confirm tests and quarantine unless I am reading things wrongly.

Davy

It basically states that from 18th jan you need a negative test before arrival in the UK. On the face of it you need to quarantine for 10 days and have further tests on days 2 and 8, although I thought that was only for ‘Red’ countries. However the UK foreign office site seems to confirm tests and quarantine unless I am reading things wrongly. Davy
Yes I'm reading it that You need tests both ways But haven't worried to much as we have no intentions to go anywhere until things settle down and Tests / Quarantine arn't req either way disappointing as it maybe I hear what local people say here about visitors arriving so have no intentions of being one myself anywhere

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back