Have I been done?

It seems a little on the high side to me. Are you capable of doing the oil change yourself ? It really is quite easy to do.

If so the oil will be 2 X 4 litre ( 10W40 ) at approx £15 each when bought on offer and the filter will be approx £10 when bought on offer.

You will have some oil left for top ups or when you`ve done 3 changes you will only need to buy 1 X 4 litre for the 4th one.
.No. On a new. Citroën. The recommend oil is total guartz fully synthetic. 5w_30 or
0 w-30 ,not a cheap oil. 1.5hrs Labour is too high. Just for an oil change. In future ask the price first. But make sure they use the correct oil. I paid £191 for my first service witch included all filters done at citrone main dealer on my 2.0 litre dispatch.a bigger citroen would be more

Guys, just had the mot done, passed fine & charged the normal £54.85. Asked for the oil to be changed also & the bill came in at £147 labour!!!!! Plus parts another £50. Hour & a half to change oil & filter????
Done by a truck servicing place coz they got huge bays to get the van into. So £226 for mot & oil change. Do these prices seem right to you?

An hour and a half, with a labour charge of £147 pounds comes to almost £100 pounds an hour. Surely that can't be right.:scared::scared:

An hour and a half, with a labour charge of £147 pounds comes to almost £100 pounds an hour. Surely that can't be right.:scared::scared:
sounds a lot- unless you compare it with the hourly rate of a solicitor, who can rip you off without getting his hands dirty.

.No. On a new. Citroën. The recommend oil is total guartz fully synthetic. 5w_30 or
0 w-30 ,not a cheap oil. 1.5hrs Labour is too high. Just for an oil change. In future ask the price first. But make sure they use the correct oil. I paid £191 for my first service witch included all filters done at citrone main dealer on my 2.0 litre dispatch.a bigger citroen would be more

That is why i put ( 10W40 ) as that`s what that particular price refers to because i think the OP`s van is a X244 ?

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments guys. I still think one & half hours just to change the oil & filter is a bit too high. Lesson learned, get a quote first! :mad2:

A quick call to Citroen Technical in Slough will reveal the hours allocated per service per van, failing that an up to date ICME manual. I notice you are in Bedfordshire, I would expect it to be a little more because the further south as a rule labour rates increase. Also has already mentioned fully synthetic oils can be expensive.

Was always an issue when I was in the trade

Channa

Short service

I had a short service at the Renault main dealer in Portimao, Algarve

They charged me :

Fuel filter,,,,, labour.... £5.80 ...part....£15.00,,, £20.80

Air filter.... lab...£5.80.... part.....£ 19 £24.80

Oil Filter....Lab... £000... part.... £8.70........ £8.70

Oil and fluid topups , washers, nuts, ,gearbox oil, whatsits and widgets... £185

£250.00..tops.

Not complaining.

The labour charge included the MOT so if you remove that it is just above £90 for labour which could have been for 1hr, if you go to a Truck Service Centre you pay Truck prices (I never understand why anybody would because there are lots of small workshops that can accommodate Motorhomes of any size), we charged more per hour 20 years ago for labour with large Trucks and they could have charged the same as if it was a Scania R420 because that is how much their mechanic using their facilities would cost so the OP should have asked for a quote first, the MOT price is fixed but the oil change is on their terms, if on a large Truck it costs that price then expect to pay the same for an oil change for labour using their facilities, I am only guessing because we don't know the Garage involved but I suspect it is a large Truck Service Station, not ripped off but definitely one to avoid

Hi campertwo,

I have used this company from 2009 when my van was new = Commercial Truck and van dealer Stormont in Dunstable and last June on a full Fiat Ducato service and Mot it cost £369 .17 with the Mot and vat.=
Labour £127.50
Oil £51.45
Cons £3.75
Enviro £3.50
Oil filter £14.04
Filtering element £35.86
Wiper Blades £25.83

Mot £54.85

Vat £52 .39

I used to do all my own servicing,but after laying under cars and vans for the last 45 years I think it's time to leave it to the Garage.

Regards Snowbirds.:wave::sad:

I used Stormont Dunstable when I had a Fiat Ducato Rapido. Good service too. But they said they don't do Peugeot vehicles? Thanks anyway.

Anybody heard of or used these? Wonder if they do large vans? Put my reg and post code in but nowhere to inform them of height.

Why don`t you ring them 0800 970 9046 open 10am to 6pm saturday and sunday and ask.

I decided to take the van myself for it's MOT and pay the 54 quid.

Maybe overly suspicious, but I suspect anyone offering such a cheap deal, will want to make their profit with a few additional jobs, ie, fail MOT.
I also don't like unknowns driving my van, I'm a bit precious about it.

I could be wrong, of course.

Just had my A class fully serviced and MOT total cost £150! Why not find out if the local ambulance service or BT garages do it,they do round here and very reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back