Hasn't this woman been bleating on about this sort of thing before?

While I appreciate campsite owners require to recoup their investment and earn a living, some price themselves out of business. They should look at offering a menu, in this case, MH’s and self contained campers.

Do you require ehu? No
Do you require use of our shower and washing facilities? No
Do you want a grass or hard standing pitchy? Grass
Do you require grey and black waste disposal and fresh water? Yes.

That will be EG: £10 pn, instead of £35 pn.

Showers and toilets installed with keypad code for access.

The Dornoch image, you can see static vans on site, any decent business person would have the static income covering costs, with some left over as profit.

Quoting the second woman interviewed “I have evidence of campers parked literally inches apart “.

I would love to see her evidence, with quoted dimensions, any camper owner won’t be getting out, and vise versa.

It's another slow news day in Scottish Sun Land. 😉

Bookings are "40% down" this year - maybe it's because of the general cost of living (and possibly the totally cr*p weather we've been having almost non-stop)? 🤷‍♀️

One of them seems to suggest it's a crime to try to save money! :rolleyes:
Dearie me, "tantrums" all round ... 😜:ROFLMAO:🤣

Some campsite owners really don't have a clue about motorhomes and camper vans and how people actually choose to use them - one size definitely does NOT fit all!

So they charge top-whack fees and don't ever think outside the box to offer people a sliding scale for the services a wider customer demographic might actually find useful - or even offer those services in the first place!

To be honest it always makes me chuckle. It's a tough capitalist world. These are not actually business people, they're folk with limited imagination and no idea how to market and adapt their businesses.

But they still expect the (bankrupt, btw) local Highland council to consider them above all other businesses. Silly (selfish) buggers! 😂😛

Covid turned a lot of business into the attitude of "we're doing you a favour " fcuk no. I'm paying for a service. Provide or I'll go elsewhere....

Pubs, restaurants, campsites are not customer focused anymore... It went through to even the likes of b&q - can't answer the phone because covid. You'll have to drive all the way here to find out what you want to know. Which was normally no, we don't have that in stock 😡

Covid turned a lot of business into the attitude of "we're doing you a favour " fcuk no. I'm paying for a service. Provide or I'll go elsewhere....

Pubs, restaurants, campsites are not customer focused anymore... It went through to even the likes of b&q - can't answer the phone because covid. You'll have to drive all the way here to find out what you want to know. Which was normally no, we don't have that in stock 😡

Exactly what Steve says ^^^ (y)

Covid turned a lot of business into the attitude of "we're doing you a favour "
These will be the same businesses that we, the tax payer will be picking up the tab for, for many many years, due to handouts applied for from government during covid. I wont say too much as folks will think I'm a Mone. :whistle:

Last edited:
These will be the same businesses that we, the tax payer will be picking up the tab for, for many many years, due to handouts applied for from government during covid. I wont say too much as folks will think I'm a Mone. :whistle:
Like what you did there😏

I love the way they think we owe them a living. Its like saying to someone I own a car park where its £10 a day but I object to the council allowing motorists to park on any public roads for free or a shop keeper moaning that nobody is buying his beans because the supermarket is cheaper. They complain that people wild camp and the council should do something so they do and they complain about that also. They can't have it both ways. Actually is the 6m rule just guidance. I don't think its law.

While I appreciate campsite owners require to recoup their investment and earn a living, some price themselves out of business. They should look at offering a menu, in this case, MH’s and self contained campers.

Do you require ehu? No
Do you require use of our shower and washing facilities? No
Do you want a grass or hard standing pitchy? Grass
Do you require grey and black waste disposal and fresh water? Yes.

That will be EG: £10 pn, instead of £35 pn.

Showers and toilets installed with keypad code for access.

The Dornoch image, you can see static vans on site, any decent business person would have the static income covering costs, with some left over as profit.
It’s school holiday so peak pricing. I just looked on Pitchup and there are a choice of 5 cites around me varying from £8 to £13 per night. Grass pitch, no EHU but has chemical waste and water. These are all within 10 miles of Buxton in Derbyshire so not a cheap spot and lots of tourists.
I was up that area in January and camp sites are shut and because of the cold temperatures no water available. Those people are just greedy and don’t care about anyone but themselves

Not that I am on a site mind lol
Those prices were for a motorhome but I did have one person selected as I travel along so it may be slightly different if 2 or more

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    565.7 KB · Views: 36
We stayed at a huge campsite in the Cotswold the owner charged £12, a few hook ups, water and waste, lots of walking and extensive woodland. Owner was an old hippy, said he isnt in it for the money as his farm (inherited from his father) more than pays the bills. A really nice chilled guy, liked to go round the site each day, have chat and laugh with people, just a thoroughly good bloke.
I'll post the name when I remember it! :unsure::giggle:

Remembered: Buckshead Farm😁

Last edited:
I love the way they think we owe them a living. Its like saying to someone I own a car park where its £10 a day but I object to the council allowing motorists to park on any public roads for free or a shop keeper moaning that nobody is buying his beans because the supermarket is cheaper. They complain that people wild camp and the council should do something so they do and they complain about that also. They can't have it both ways. Actually is the 6m rule just guidance. I don't think its law.

No, because it's called "parking" not "camping", because that is exactly what we do when we go out on the roads - along with every other motorised vehicle - and travel about the land in our legally taxed, tested and insured MOTORHOMES and CAMPERS and PARK UP in carparks (or elsewhere)! :mad:

Here's an article I found which I think is quite interesting, Barry.

Spacing On Camping Pitches. Just What Are The Rules?

The wider economy is at play here and the bottom line is always adapt or die.

Or be incredibly lucky enough to be a mega wealthy land and property owner in the first place. Someone who can afford to sit on their "assets" and isn't worried about their income as a large chunk of it will be mostly passive and unearned (unearned as in not having physically rolled-up-your-sleeves and "worked for it").

I feel sympathy for many small businesses who have had their back to the wall for several years now in a very rapidly changing world (and through no particular fault of their own), but not for moaning minnies like this who constantly blame the potential "customer" and expect everyone to have to do things "their way".

Rather than lambasting us, campsite owners should, if it's possible, be thinking of useful ways to generate extra income from us "passers by" instead of thinking that trying to "monopolise" this market will endear us to them, or make us want to stay on their sites. Here's a startling bit of news for them: no it bl**dy won't! 😝😎

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back