Hartal Door Mechanism

regnarts

Anyone know of a motorhome locksmith in the North East who can look at a faulty hab door mechanism.
The spring looks to have broken or come away from the external lever within the door casing so it wont return to
its correct position.
Any help appreciated

A friend had a door catch spring fail on a different make of door. He bought some piano wire from B&Q and wound his own. He also made me a spring for our Thetford fridge door catch which is working well

I had a car door lock where the end of the spring had broken, I just made a hook on the end of the remaining spring.

I have stripped out and repaired lock mechanisms on my last 2 Burstners but I don't think they are Hartal doors.

Just be methodical and work your way through the process a step at a time. Take photos of each stage .

Edited to add that it might not be a spring if it is the external handle. It may be a retaining clip that holds a metal link rod in position. The link may have worked out of the handle.

I had exactly the same happen. I bought a new spring once I had managed to get a look at the mechanism by removing the inner door handle but no way could I remove the outer handle to replace the spring. I could only access 4 of the 6 retaining screws and to access the other 2 would have involved removing the complete inner door skin! Typical Hymer. However I could get an elastic band in place to ensure the handle returned to its correct position and have been living with this with the past few months without problem. I do carry some spare rubber bands though.

I’ve had problems with my Hartal door. Complex piece of kit and once l looked in I booked it into my local mh repair shop at Turriff and they ordered a replacement part and fitted it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back