Hairline crack in water tank

AdriaTwin

Free Member
Found our Adria Twin inboard water tank has a small crack and is dripping inside the van. Is it possible to put some sealant on inside ane outside surfaces to seal it or will we need and expensive new tank ? Anyone had a similar leak or any experience of solving it please ?

Water Tank Leak

Hi,

try Milliput, its made for the model makers, works well under water, do not spread it to thin and leave to dry over night.
good stuff.
Hope it works ok for you.
Happy New Year

Grumpyengraver
:cheers:

Just had the same prob with my dads swift capri.Used sikaflex ebt on the outside of the tank,left it 24 hours and it has done the repair.Hope this helps you

water tank crack

Grumpyengraver thanks - Ive just Googled Milliput and there are various types. Milliput Aquascape is designed for under water use so I presume this would be most suitable - and they even sell it on. Amazon at £3.50 - worth a try

A quick on the road fix can be to use a bar of soap to rub into the crack, Sunlight Soap is the best - also works well on cracked fuel tanks.

What's the tank made of? Presuming it's plastic, I would weld it with a soldering iron (from both sides if possible) - melt the edges together then add more plastic (cut a sliver from the inside of the access hatch) and melt it in. Cut a patch from a similar material (squeezy bottle etc) and stick it on with sikaflex to reinforce.

Quiksteel is a simular product I always carry a couple of tubes in my van

We had a outdoor PVC lined pool which sprung a leak. We bought a patch and glue that you can apply under water to fix it from one of the shops that sold them. It was in February and was bl**dy cold. I had to don a snorkel and dive in as the tear was on the bottom.

Weld with a soldering iron crossing over the crack from L to R, then R to left. If tank can be drained then warm and dry area with a hairdrier/hotair gun/fan heater, rough up with glass paper and apply a coat of Arldite.

What do you carry

Quiksteel is a simular product I always carry a couple of tubes in my van

Hi All just reading this post I carry a few tools, gaffa tape, insulation tape, tube sixaflex,fuses,bulbs
wonder if it would be worth having a list of what maybe useful started on here somewhere

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back