Habitation servicing.

Obanboy666

My Pilote c class is booked in this Friday for its habitation service from the supplying dealer who I have been extremely satisfied with from day one.
They are very customer satisfaction focused and go the extra mile when you have any issues.
Being 2 years old the fridge, Truma combi etc are out of the manufacturers warranty so the bodywork integrity / water ingress service Is all I actually need doing to keep that warranty Running.
Pilote state I need the water ingress checks carried out to validate the warranty but as I like most haven’t used the motorhome much over the last year do I get the full habitation service carried out @ £240.00 or just the water ingress service @ £85.00.
Opinions much appreciated.

We had the full hab check from the supply dealer who we trust completely, they changed the seal on the cassette, cleaned the hob burners, changed the seal on the waste tank due to stiffness in opening, burner ignition stripped and cleaned. They also removed the flexi solar panel and resealed due to some water ingress. All the usual tick box tests were done and passed and there was no charge as we paid for 3 year comprehensive cover. Yes the cover was a pricey initial outlay but it gives us peace of mind that should anything go wrong it will be sorted.

If you are confident with gas, electrics and general maintenance then just a water ingress check is probably enough for you.
My other thought is: should you decide to sell the MH in the future then any prospective buyer should be reassured and impressed by a yearly MH health check, potentially giving a higher sell price.

save the money. These habitation services are a complete rip off. So they test the fridge by turning it on and off. They check the oven by turning it on and off. They check the heating by turning it on and off. They then spray some silicon round the blinds and that’s it. Takes them longer to write the bill out Than it does to do the so called service.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back