Guernsey daily briefing

Tonybvi

Apart from a recent setback Guernsey has been restriction free since June 11th last year. They have recently locked down again and, as we do in Scotland, they have daily lunchtime briefings with, once a week, kids questions. My granddaughter posted a question which included the attached note which received widespread publicity and applause. SoG = States of Guernsey and the Dr Brink referred to is their equivalent of our excellent Jason Leitch in Scotland or Chris Witty down south. What a lovely thing to do.

348612DE-6CD1-48E9-9D59-43D75E18DE7D.jpeg

Yes what a pity, the Isle of Man were enjoying an ‘air bridge’ with you until recently, it was the only place us Manxies could holiday.

It certainly helped establish close links between the two islands.

We live in Scotland, it is one of our sons and family who live in Guernsey. Normally we get to visit them 3 or 4 times a year but haven't been over since Autumn 2019 and we really miss seeing them and Guernsey which I love. Until recently Guernsey had done remarkably well (easier for a small island I suppose) and John took great pleasure in posting photos of them all living perfectly normal lives. I hope this latest setback is very short lived and they get back to normal soon. We’ve re booked to go over in late May but I suspect that is too optimistic.
I hope the Isle of Man recovers soon as well.

Yes what a pity, the Isle of Man were enjoying an ‘air bridge’ with you until recently, it was the only place us Manxies could holiday.

It certainly helped establish close links between the two islands.

Whereabouts on the island do you live.

We live in Scotland, it is one of our sons and family who live in Guernsey. Normally we get to visit them 3 or 4 times a year but haven't been over since Autumn 2019 and we really miss seeing them and Guernsey which I love. Until recently Guernsey had done remarkably well (easier for a small island I suppose) and John took great pleasure in posting photos of them all living perfectly normal lives. I hope this latest setback is very short lived and they get back to normal soon. We’ve re booked to go over in late May but I suspect that is too optimistic.
I hope the Isle of Man recovers soon as well.
🤞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back