grey water draining problem

mike99

Hi all

My first post, so hi everyone!

I have a little problem with my grey water draining: water from the shower won't drain, and water from the bathroom sink and kitchen sink just bubbles up into the shower!! I've tried various things like drain cleaner, but nothing seems to work. Opening the drain valve clears the water, but it just happens again when the valve is closed. I'd very much appreciate any advice.

Mike :)

grey water

Hi mike welcome aboard
What type of van you got first cos that usually helps our good members to track down problems. I would say that you have a blockage in the waste pipe run but it all depends on if your shower/hand basin is piped seperate from the kitchen sink or not.If they are all piped together i would look underneath for the round black filter/ trap ( about the size of half a jar of jam) this will probs be full of allsorts of crud,bet you nobody has cleaned it out in a while.
If the two parts are piped seperatly then you shouldnt get water backing up the shower tray unless the whole waste tank is full, mind you mine has traps on both runs and in the outlet from the tank and none of these had been cleaned in a long while ( and it had just had a full habitat service by main n/east dealer before I bought it:confused: )
Hope this helps John:):)

not venting properly seems a common problem i cured it by driling an 1/8 inch hole in the top of the waste tank

Hi mike welcome aboard
What type of van you got first cos that usually helps our good members to track down problems. I would say that you have a blockage in the waste pipe run but it all depends on if your shower/hand basin is piped seperate from the kitchen sink or not.If they are all piped together i would look underneath for the round black filter/ trap ( about the size of half a jar of jam) this will probs be full of allsorts of crud,bet you nobody has cleaned it out in a while.
If the two parts are piped seperatly then you shouldnt get water backing up the shower tray unless the whole waste tank is full, mind you mine has traps on both runs and in the outlet from the tank and none of these had been cleaned in a long while ( and it had just had a full habitat service by main n/east dealer before I bought it:confused: )
Hope this helps John:):)
Thanks guys, I'll try that.

Mike :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back