grey waste troon harbour car park

ajb70

Free Member
hi was down at the car park behind troon harbour for a walk sunday
we dont have our bongo anymore but like to still get about some of the places we used to overnight
3 newish motorhomes in the car park when we arrived done a circuit over the hill then down main road
as we got close to the car park motor home goes past with grey waste tap open spilling water all down
the road going past gets to the car park and one off the other motorhomes has his waste open flowing out all
over the car park is this acceptable or will the posh people of troon be up in arms next thing the car park will have a barrier
couldnt see anyone in the van or would have had a wee word
these vans looked kinda new an posh if u know what i mean

This subject often occurs and is sheer idleness with no regard for the pastime.

As a motorhomer odds are we know nothing dangerous in the spill etc but not the point it is the impression we give to non motorhomers and just the excuse required as suggested for councils to erect height barriers etc

One word ...Muppets

Channa

some people have no manners.
would hate to see a barrier go up......its one of my favourite spots.
best seafood ever, at the Wee Hurrie.

I think it's a sign of the times visiting Truro Tesco the other day a motorhome was draining his tank in the car park not into a drain just all over the carpark a van with a part black cab a couple of days later another van I saw also in Truro driving with his tap open draining onto road while stopped at the traffic lights

Lately I've noticed a fair amount of hire vans and the crash course they got I don't think some understand the trouble they are leaving behind!
Did you notice any hired out by stickers on any of them? Just out of interest .i stopped one and explained similar activities but they made out they were not instructed which I doubted !

no all the vans looked owned but looking at the vans they dont look like they venture off the tarmac much
i would be very surprised if any of them have even heard about wildcamping

no all the vans looked owned but looking at the vans they dont look like they venture off the tarmac much
i would be very surprised if any of them have even heard about wildcamping

Usual imho.twats !

Ideally a photo with reg would do we could have a Name and Shame section but on the other hand I bet they are not Forum Members and we know what happened last time.

Alf

Write down their registration numbers, it's probably the same clowns giving us all a bad name. Name and shame 'em!

We like to holiday on the Norfolk broads in a hire boat.Basically a motorhome for the water.
It saddens me every time I shower or empty the sink after washing up as the grey water goes via a bilge pump straight into the river.The broads used to be crystal clear till the phosphour in the shower gels/washing up liquid feed the algae so its now dark murky water with verl little plant life as no sun gets to the river bottom.
Aren't we humans the blot on natures landscape.

visiting Truro Tesco the other day a motorhome was draining his tank in the car park not into a drain

I wasnt me was it?

I often use supermarket carparks to dump grey waste and no matter how careful I am there is always a percentage which runs across the carpark - especially when they use those silly gulley type drains that are only like 2 inches wide - I mean how are you supposed to line up over that?

Those 2" wide gully drains are for top water they are not sewer drains
You should not empty grey water down them

Alf

I wasnt me was it?

I often use supermarket carparks to dump grey waste and no matter how careful I am there is always a percentage which runs across the carpark - especially when they use those silly gulley type drains that are only like 2 inches wide - I mean how are you supposed to line up over that?

Oh dear.... some people....
Should the temperature drop it is now a potential skating rink if dropped on the road whilst driving.
If it doesn't it's not good for the rest of us is it?

Yep best ever fish

some people have no manners.
would hate to see a barrier go up......its one of my favourite spots.
best seafood ever, at the Wee Hurrie.

Introduced to this spot and the Wee Hurrie last year by Dan ... will be back ther end of May.

With so many fabulous spots starting to be closed to us, we should start to to be more vocal to those spoiling it for the rest of us - grey waste, stopping too long and getting chairs etc out are just a NO GO.

We were at a meet recently when a member had there grey waste tap open emptying it into the pub carpark when another member mentioned it to them they just shrugged there shoulders and did nothing another member at the same meet was letting his dogs crap all over the car park i told the dog owner as i did not want Taya getting the blame he did go pick it up my point is no matter how much we bang in about naming and shaming some motorhomers just don't give a rat's arse about it and will carry on doing it no matter what.

hi was down at the car park behind troon harbour for a walk sunday
we dont have our bongo anymore but like to still get about some of the places we used to overnight
3 newish motorhomes in the car park when we arrived done a circuit over the hill then down main road
as we got close to the car park motor home goes past with grey waste tap open spilling water all down
the road going past gets to the car park and one off the other motorhomes has his waste open flowing out all
over the car park is this acceptable or will the posh people of troon be up in arms next thing the car park will have a barrier
couldnt see anyone in the van or would have had a wee word
these vans looked kinda new an posh if u know what i mean

I was in Scotland a few weeks ago. The number of motorhomes was outstanding. They where everywhere. Then I noticed many of them were hire homes. I would imagine actions like this are from people who hire them. But for the general public they are the same as us owners of homes

Its easy enough to find a drain and empty discreetly. This is just bone idleness. What gets my goat though is those that empty while driving, especially on dry roads. We ride a scooter and its extremely dangerous to come round a corner on a warm sunny dry day to be confronted with a slick of greasy wet grey water.

Its easy enough to find a drain and empty discreetly. This is just bone idleness. What gets my goat though is those that empty while driving, especially on dry roads. We ride a scooter and its extremely dangerous to come round a corner on a warm sunny dry day to be confronted with a slick of greasy wet grey water.

I'd agree with that. It's surely a road traffic offence to leave the discharge open on the main road?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back