Gourdon, Alps Maritime

Been there. I remember us doing a circuit on the bike in that area and it being a pretty spectacular ride out. Love that part of France.

This is the car park listed in the POIs:

DJI_0105.JPG

That looks wonderful. Almost as good as the view I had in the picos de europa, parked overnight in the monastry carpark with the mountains laid out before me.
Memories to treasure for years.

That looks wonderful. Almost as good as the view I had in the picos de europa, parked overnight in the monastry carpark with the mountains laid out before me.
Memories to treasure for years.
Can you remember the name of the monastery, or is there only one ?

Fantastic video, dramatic location. Very inspiring and somewhere we haven’t been….yet!

I just dug out my Cote D'Azur guide from 2015 and Gourdon features on it and the ride around that area we did on the bike. I had forgotten it features in the opening scenes of Les Misérables (the film). Its quite an honest guide to the whole area warts and all, where to stay, what to see, good rides or drive out and routes etc. Ideally for that area you need secondary transport really especially along the coast.

Will see if I can attach it.

Attachments

• The Cote D'azur guide for motorhomes2.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
I just dug out my Cote D'Azur guide from 2015 and Gourdon features on it and the ride around that area we did on the bike. I had forgotten it features in the opening scenes of Les Misérables (the film). Its quite an honest guide to the whole area warts and all, where to stay, what to see, good rides or drive out and routes etc. Ideally for that area you need secondary transport really especially along the coast.

Will see if I can attach it.
Just read your guide Barry, looks like a fantastic holiday, great read, thanks for sharing it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back