Good service

GARY ENGLISH

Just put van in for service ,year old 5000 miles only.When i picked it up,they had spoke to fiat and they said it could have a mini service due to low mileage Cost was 164 pounds ,book stamped all ok.Thought that was good ,could have ripped me off for more.That was souls of bletchley, for any one in area or intrested.Fiat main dealer.

On the topic of servicing does anyone know if it is a requirement of a Fiat Service for the garage to use ONLY Fiat parts so as to not invalidate the Warrantee?

We have two Fiat based vans and I feel that we are paying over the odds for our Fiat parts, but my hubby reckons we need to do this to keep the Warrantee in tack.

Just put van in for service ,year old 5000 miles only.When i picked it up,they had spoke to fiat and they said it could have a mini service due to low mileage Cost was 164 pounds ,book stamped all ok.Thought that was good ,could have ripped me off for more.That was souls of bletchley, for any one in area or intrested.Fiat main dealer.

Had a low mileage service done back in August.They charged me £150.00 and I paid with fiat vouchers.:D

steve

Gary, was it a condition of your warranty that you had to have a service done at 12 months old.
I have a Peugeot Boxer and I spoke with Peugeot and they said that I was to follow the recommended service periods in my Maintenance book which recommends a service every 24,000 miles or 2 years whichever comes first.
I will follow any recommended service periods as long as my warranty remains valid.

Despite what they say I wouldn't leave any engine 24,000 miles between an oil and filter change - get a cheap local garage to change in-between or do it yourself.

In reply to Flower3bird you can have an independant garage do your servicing but they should use genuine Fiat parts to remain within the terms of the warranty, however unless you are doing very high mileages then the warranty is only for two years and it only needs one service a years, so technically the second service is due the day the warranty runs out!!

Hence I had Essandjay of Poole do the first service, then did the second one myself - still using Fiat parts.

Thanks Gary for info on Bletchley, I used Stormont by Billing Aquadrome who then opened a can of worms regarding the warranty!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back