Good news

Hello everyone, hope you are all getting booked up carefully and safely for your next holiday..

Would you like a tranquil and very quiet camping experience?

We are Tracy and Gary and have a couple of spare camper van pitches on our private Animal Sanctuary home in Huby, near to York, North Yorkshire.

We can offer you a hardstanding pitch with electric, water, wifi and toilet disposal point for a vehicle max size 7.5 m and only two vans per night for socially distance.
(Sorry, no loo or shower this year)

All pitch fees help us to support our rescued animals
(Chickens, donkeys, ducks, Pygmy goats, horses, dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs, tortoises 😂)

We are just a 10 minute walk away from our excellent Cantonese restaurant/takeaway, Traditional Country Village pub, bus stop, village shop, chippy, ice cream parlour, rambling off road walks, children’s play park.

If you are interested in camping with us, please see the reviews from our lovely guests on our website?

All bookings are via email or ringing us as things are moving so quickly now.
We look forward to meeting like minded camping animal lovers.

Thank you for looking,
Tracy and Gary ❤️
Www.cheekychickencottageyork.co.uk
£25 per night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Unfortunately Oppy this thread has gone off track it was meant to show pubs and small cheapish sites that are still open and allowing stopovers after Covid.
Thanks Annie, Sue and I are trying to break out next week, so we have booked a couple of nights at Marham lake for Monday and Tuesday (thanks) and then try a couple of pub stops, but it's wonderful that you have started this thread, well for this dotty old soul anyway
Luvya
Peter

I thought this thread was for anywhere that was open for stopovers or sites that would and could accommodate Motorhomes and offering park ups post Covid but apparently I must have miss read it somewhere on this thread, that someone posted but I’m sure I didn’t...

Once again I offer grateful thanks to the lovely Annie. Sue and I have just spent two wonderful nights in a field by a fishing lake and apart from a tent we were the only folks there (ok there are 7 caravans used as weekend escapes, but all is peace). Last evening we heard a strange booming noise, it turned out to be a pair of bitterns who eventually ran across the field to the lake, saw kingfishers too. Sadly Sue twisted her back so we came home today. But it has I think been a help for me working through my neurosis, so again, thanks my friend. The couple who own the site are both in their late 70s and live on a similar planet as many of us do. Location and other stuff I will do on full member chat should it be needed. The only problem was clog dancing crows at 4.00am , but they were gone by half past and it was past 10 when we awoke.
So the Oppy is trying to break out-------step one

Once again I offer grateful thanks to the lovely Annie. Sue and I have just spent two wonderful nights in a field by a fishing lake and apart from a tent we were the only folks there (ok there are 7 caravans used as weekend escapes, but all is peace). Last evening we heard a strange booming noise, it turned out to be a pair of bitterns who eventually ran across the field to the lake, saw kingfishers too. Sadly Sue twisted her back so we came home today. But it has I think been a help for me working through my neurosis, so again, thanks my friend. The couple who own the site are both in their late 70s and live on a similar planet as many of us do. Location and other stuff I will do on full member chat should it be needed. The only problem was clog dancing crows at 4.00am , but they were gone by half past and it was past 10 when we awoke.
So the Oppy is trying to break out-------step one

It's quite weird the first time you hear Bitterns booming.

Completely puzzled me as to what it was when I first heard them.

8916AEBE-C83E-40F9-A70F-26B2EB7CFE5A.png

This is the most wonderful.place to stay. £13 a night Inc hook up and use of indoor swimming pool. Two miles from Hay on Wye. Can't believe there are only two vans and a few tents on site this weekend. You can eat/ drink at the hotel should you want a break from cooking in your van. Baskerville Hall.
6995092E-FE85-4743-8CE5-F83D4A72CE60.jpeg

This is the most wonderful.place to stay. £13 a night Inc hook up and use of indoor swimming pool. Two miles from Hay on Wye. Can't believe there are only two vans and a few tents on site this weekend. You can eat/ drink at the hotel should you want a break from cooking in your van. Baskerville Hall.View attachment 100106
So it was you in my garden this morning, tut tut.

If you're planning to visit north Wales in your motorhome during the summer holidays did you know that you can stay in our car park overnight - for free?
If you're stopping over, we do ask that you register with the shop when you arrive. If you find you are struggling to get here by closing time then please just call ahead and leave your details and an estimated time of arrival. Tel: 01490 411 100.
We appreciate your support at the moment and would welcome you visiting our Farmshop, Cafe, Takeaway or Drive Thru while you stay.
Further information and our opening times are available on our website: https://rhug.co.uk/overnight-camping

This is the most wonderful.place to stay. £13 a night Inc hook up and use of indoor swimming pool. Two miles from Hay on Wye. Can't believe there are only two vans and a few tents on site this weekend. You can eat/ drink at the hotel should you want a break from cooking in your van. Baskerville Hall.View attachment 100106
I can't thank you enough Annie!

I'm a huge fan of Kilvert's Diary and had no idea you could camp at Clyro Court. Camping there would mean it's only a 2 mile walk into Clyro, where Ralph Baskerville owned most of the cottages, and a similar distance further to see the remains of the "Old Soldier's" cottage where the diarist dug his potatoes.

Borrowed from Facebook

Shared (with permission) from another group
Hi we have just opened a small park with 4 pitches for motorhomes and campervans. We have black and grey waste disposal and free WiFi, refuge. NO EHU . Please check out our page for further info.
Eyemouth Sea Aire with a gate into the Cutty Sark beer garden 25% discount for blue badge holders as we have level access to the beach and town from our site. Scottish borders, Eyemouth.
£20.00 per night, per van.
£15.00 per night with blue badge discount
£5.00 waste drop off only.
66FB84EA-69B4-4E4B-ABF6-36FAD89D250C.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back