Good news

METAL BRIDGE INN - CARLISLE - REOPENING

As from Monday 12th April we will be reopening and looking forward to welcoming you all and getting back to some sort of normality!🥰

Just a couple of things... we can only serve food and drinks outdoors depending on the weather in April 🙈 however we will still be serving takeaway food and drinks that you can take back to your motorhomes.

Also, unfortunately our toilet blocks will have to remain closed until 17th May but our indoor toilets will be available to use during business hours.

So, from April 12th we will be back open and serving 7 days a week - lunch & dinner.

We cannot wait 🥳❤️
sorry post code please. thanks ok pj. stay safe

Hope this works and it’s not me

Brand new motorhome/campervan pitches at The Wilson's Arms at Torver, near Lake Coniston. We arrived yesterday and are still the only ones pitched up. Lovely pub/beer garden, absolutely spotless very friendly and helpful staff, and very dog friendly. Portaloo toilets available if needed. Lovely walk along the lakeside into Consiton today, took just over an hour and the scenery was stunning and lots of swimming opportunities for our two Springers before they were back on their leads as we approached the many grazing sheep with their beautiful lambs. — at The Wilsons Arms
5A8F7A9A-FCF5-4D7F-813D-AFBE2D0F7311.png
3A8401D7-0933-4FC3-88EA-CFB1A6E0E859.png
CC2876EC-083C-40D0-BE1A-3B255B06F60A.png
CC2876EC-083C-40D0-BE1A-3B255B06F60A.png
FE53DDBD-BEFB-4092-A0B7-EB55B27999C7.png
0BDF5A0E-7189-4914-BE56-5221D71ED4F8.jpeg

This is another example of why I'm thinking of giving up Motorhoming, I can go to Travelodge where I have a warm room ensuite clean sheets for £29 per night
I wouldn’t give up motorhoming, but I wouldn’t stop at Tan Hill. Personally I found it vastly overhyped (this was when it was only £5pp). To now charge £40 a night for us to park up on the side of the road is ridiculous. Especially as there is free roadside parking immediately opposite. The restaurant food was average at best and the managers response was tepid and indifferent, a bit like the potatoes.
I think the best plan is to enjoy the drive over, which is amazing, have a drink, then move on to a local pub offering a free night.

There is a good free carpark at the Margaret Street car park, Thaxted that specifically welcomes motorhomes overnight. Its not far off the M11, just to the south east of Saffron Walden. The town has good facilities including a nice church and an impressive windmill.
Parking is free in the (2 - 3) motorhome designated spaces for up to 48hrs in any 14 day period.
There is a public toilet block open during the day.

We often use it to break up our journey to/from the tunnel.

Co-ords - 51.95578 0.34311 - are for the motorhome specific slots at the top end of the car park.

If you do use it, please make sure you thank them for the facility by emailing them at info@thaxted.co.uk

thax1.JPG

thax2.jpg

Pete

Hi everyone, thank you for accepting me into the group.

Myself and my family live along the Great Glen Way, we also have direct access to Loch Oich through a private path in our garden which is a stones throw away.

We are renting space for campervans to park overnight with options to rent our Canadian canoe & Fatyaks, life jackets available (adults & children). I can also take you on a guided fresh water swim ( or a quick dunk, which is preferred on a more chilly day :-D)

For availability or any questions please feel free to send me a direct message.

Happy Holidays 🥰
FCF2725E-3C9D-4D12-9320-C61AC379420A.jpeg

Attachments

• 0CDF607B-3CB5-4B02-9876-F35A1EB8A307.png
    0CDF607B-3CB5-4B02-9876-F35A1EB8A307.png
    715.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back