Good news

1617904115503.png

I’m SO excited to be able to welcome out first visitors to our new ‘Aire’ park up on my farm at Auchtertyre - just a couple of miles from the Isle of Skye.
We’re on the A87, so anyone going to Skye passes our door. We’re offering overnight parking on our farm for £10, or you can pop in just to empty your toilet or fill up with water for £5. We really want you to feel welcome here! Please check out my website,

www.overnightparking.co.uk

No advance bookings, just rock up, park up and pop online to pay.

Oh, and the views aren’t too bad either.

These links are great, thanks Annie.
Reading them, it occurs to me that we overlook the coast and are directly on Scotland’s North East 250 route, with a front yard that could easily take a few vans. Does anyone know what permissions etc. you need to set up a small stopover facility as it would be nice to welcome motorhomers?

Reading them, it occurs to me that we overlook the coast and are directly on Scotland’s North East 250 route, with a front yard that could easily take a few vans. Does anyone know what permissions etc. you need to set up a small stopover facility as it would be nice to welcome motorhomers?
I have no idea maybe ring the farm in Aberdeen and ask their advice just a thought.

Nothing i think if you dont advertise a charge, but if folk like to give a backhander/tip. ;)

I’m SO excited to be able to welcome out first visitors to our new ‘Aire’ park up on my farm at Auchtertyre - just a couple of miles from the Isle of Skye.
We’re on the A87, so anyone going to Skye passes our door. We’re offering overnight parking on our farm for £10, or you can pop in just to empty your toilet or fill up with water for £5. We really want you to feel welcome here! Please check out my website,

www.overnightparking.co.uk

No advance bookings, just rock up, park up and pop online to pay.

Oh, and the views aren’t too bad either.
Annie im a tad worried about drinking water from the same place as toilet waste.
bogs.png

Look on www.campra.org.uk who are campaigning for more motorhome stop off in the UK. There is lots of good advice on there.

A *positive* park-up post -Back Lane Car Park in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, which is a lovely town to visit. They are offering motorhome parking for two nights on a honesty box system, suggesting £5. The car park has public loos although the handwash/dryer is one of those set into the wall so you won't be able to fill up your water there.
4EC2BEB2-1C24-4EAB-AF51-0AC2A199E5E6.jpeg

A *positive* park-up post -Back Lane Car Park in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, which is a lovely town to visit. They are offering motorhome parking for two nights on a honesty box system, suggesting £5. The car park has public loos although the handwash/dryer is one of those set into the wall so you won't be able to fill up your water there.View attachment 96851
Hi that's good to know we are off up that way for a week then hired a cottage for a week in scotland

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back