Good news

Dover Council approve new overnight parking charge for motorhomes and caravans along Marine Parade, Dover. Charge is £10 to park at any time between 1800 and 0600 the next day. There are not any plans to provide toilets or grey/black waste dumps.
Although it was made known to this and other f/b motorhome groups there were only a handful of objections from motorhome owners, but 20 objections in total.
View attachment 95999

Completely banned from parking there throughout the day though, but they've added an extra £2.50 charge just for overnight parking without supplying any facilities.

I guess the rate isn't all that bad when you look at what their regular parking fees are. 🤷‍♀️

Maybe local residents have objected to motorhomes parking there?

page2image4101269264

Although it’s good to see Dover council allowing the parking ( where did all the residents complaints go?) it’s still pricey. I would rather stay at Canterbury Park and Ride. 20 minutes away, but it’s cheaper, and it’s a designated site with drinking water and waste disposal point with free bus into Canterbury.

Although it’s good to see Dover council allowing the parking ( where did all the residents complaints go?) it’s still pricey. I would rather stay at Canterbury Park and Ride. 20 minutes away, but it’s cheaper, and it’s a designated site with drinking water and waste disposal point with free bus into Canterbury.
To be honest I’m not putting these up to say I agree with the pricing or the rules they are for information only just so people can see what still is out there post Covid.

Calling all motorhome and campervan owners
Do you love Cornwall? Are you wanting to visit this year?
Have you found most places full or extremely expensive?
Why not join us at The Engine near St Ives.

We host camper and motorhome parking
We have a fully licensed bar and restaurant
We are only 8 minutes from St Ives and 10 minutes from Penzance and if you don’t want to take the camper then a bus will pick you up and take you to both!

We are only a stop over site so do not have showers etc but all those that are self contained are welcome as per the government guidelines from April 12th.

Call us to secure your space now
01736 741311 or email Inntheengine@gmail.com — at The Engine Inn

Now that COVID-19 lockdown restrictions are starting to ease, from April 12th 2021, The Kings Head Inn is re-opening it’s doors.
We are ready and waiting for your arrival with a range of bottled real ale, range of lagers, light beers and more. Adding to the mix is our delicious fish and chips dish.

As well as the pub re-opening its doors, the accommodation will be too.
Pop over to AirBnB to see our rented accommodation including a room with a hot tub!

We will also still welcome camper vans and motor homes at unbeatable prices:
Part of ‘Britstops’? -It’s free to come stay with the bonus of upgrading to electric hook up for £10 a night.

We look forward to seeing you all once again, and welcoming new arrivals at The Kings Head, Mill Road, Theddlethorpe, LN12 1PB

Got any questions, feel free to drop us a message or give us a call on 07855826727 & speak to Jackie 😊

We are opening our field next to the picturesque River Thames for motorhomes and caravans (not tents) on certain weekends throughout summer. The first being May Bank Holiday 28 May for 3 nights at a cost of £45. Go to our website for dates opened for this summer. Please be aware that it is a field but we have water and elsan emptying point. Bookings to be made individually unless it's a rally. Click on this link to our website for Terms & Conditions and to book
9999B26A-6B43-4D9A-A40D-409AA85F48B9.jpeg
21A0F599-A2F9-475B-AF49-E8B23F96C5B9.jpeg
EFB5F628-5140-4607-966C-B2653A1B38D2.jpeg
14E8D48E-E38A-4CA6-8373-C8A07D6C464D.jpeg
99F351AA-6C5A-49D1-ABD9-A2EDCFED0184.jpeg

We are opening our field next to the picturesque River Thames for motorhomes and caravans (not tents) on certain weekends throughout summer. The first being May Bank Holiday 28 May for 3 nights at a cost of £45. Go to our website for dates opened for this summer. Please be aware that it is a field but we have water and elsan emptying point. Bookings to be made individually unless it's a rally. Click on this link to our website for Terms & Conditions and to book View attachment 96010View attachment 96011View attachment 96012View attachment 96017View attachment 96015
@jeanette can't find a link? Could you post one please...or name of site? Thanks

I saw something about Redcar and Cleveland council allowing vans to stay overnight on the Majuba rd carpark. You can keep the boy racers company.

Completely banned from parking there throughout the day though, but they've added an extra £2.50 charge just for overnight parking without supplying any facilities.

I guess the rate isn't all that bad when you look at what their regular parking fees are. 🤷‍♀️

Maybe local residents have objected to motorhomes parking there?

View attachment 96001
Now I read that as Disabled badge holders are free during the day but are they free overnight ????

We are opening our field next to the picturesque River Thames for motorhomes and caravans (not tents) on certain weekends throughout summer. The first being May Bank Holiday 28 May for 3 nights at a cost of £45. Go to our website for dates opened for this summer. Please be aware that it is a field but we have water and elsan emptying point. Bookings to be made individually unless it's a rally. Click on this link to our website for Terms & Conditions and to book View attachment 96010View attachment 96011View attachment 96012View attachment 96017View attachment 96015
That "field" looks very very nice, it seems farmers or landowners are catching on to the fact that money can be made from Campervans and Motorhomers. As long as they don't start over charging ££££ ( especially if they have no facilities) things can only go well and bring in extra money for them.

Can’t find anything on their website that says it’s a motorhome stopover.
I’ve had a look and can’t find it myself I’ll have another look unless someone finds it before me I found it on campera can you not see anything Annie

All looks positive to me - think there are are lot more savvy pub owners and other businesses who are cottoning on to the fact that motorhomes and camper vans are to be welcomed with open arms rather than vilified and turned away.

Covid has also encouraged relaxation of some of the business rules and regs which, in our case, can only be good news.

Private businesses will be getting switched on to what's possible long before your local councils!

Slowly, slowly catchee monkey? :unsure:(y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back