Good news

campervanannie

METAL BRIDGE INN - CARLISLE - REOPENING

As from Monday 12th April we will be reopening and looking forward to welcoming you all and getting back to some sort of normality!🥰

Just a couple of things... we can only serve food and drinks outdoors depending on the weather in April 🙈 however we will still be serving takeaway food and drinks that you can take back to your motorhomes.

Also, unfortunately our toilet blocks will have to remain closed until 17th May but our indoor toilets will be available to use during business hours.

So, from April 12th we will be back open and serving 7 days a week - lunch & dinner.

We cannot wait 🥳❤️

Another one advertising
The Hallandale inn
New stop off for CDP waste and water fill plus campsite and restaurant.

We offer this service empty toilet , grey waste and water refill North Coast Touring Park Melvich green chemicals only as like most we have a septic tank .
www.northcoasttouringpark.co.uk for £10 between JOG and Tongue
My browser says that's a dodgy link.Try this one:-

Just had a quick shufty at the Tan Hill Inn.
Was always a good spot for a stopover or a meet in the past? 🤔

Prices all seem to include a full English breakfast (whether you want one or not!), which could mean it is still reasonable compared to other campsites or expensive new overnight 'car parks' / aires.

Motorhomes and tent campers:-

"We are charging adults £20 pppn including breakfast and children £10 including breakfast (these are peak times).
Off peak adults £15 pppn including breakfast and children £8 pppn including breakfast.
You can stay in the carparks and enjoy the magnificent views and stay overnight as long as you wish."

Think they *may* be opening their shower facilities up as well? Which is a lot more than the CMC are currently planning on doing.
Looks like Tan Hill have made a bit of effort to set up outside covid facilities for drinking etc., like a lot of other pubs I guess, but still... ?

Linky here: Tan Hill Inn - Motorhomes

Just had a quick shufty at the Tan Hill Inn.
Was always a good spot for a stopover or a meet in the past? 🤔

Prices all seem to include a full English breakfast (whether you want one or not!), which could mean it is still reasonable compared to other campsites or expensive new overnight 'car parks' / aires.

Motorhomes and tent campers:-

"We are charging adults £20 pppn including breakfast and children £10 including breakfast (these are peak times).
Off peak adults £15 pppn including breakfast and children £8 pppn including breakfast.
You can stay in the carparks and enjoy the magnificent views and stay overnight as long as you wish."

Think they *may* be opening their shower facilities up as well? Which is a lot more than the CMC are currently planning on doing.
Looks like Tan Hill have made a bit of effort to set up outside covid facilities for drinking etc., like a lot of other pubs I guess, but still... ?

Linky here: Tan Hill Inn - Motorhomes
The Tan Hill Inn is £20 per person per night. It would have to be a good breakfast for that price.

The Tan Hill Inn is £20 per person per night. It would have to be a good breakfast for that price.

You're right, Meg, but it is at least a better deal than Pendine Sands' outrageous offering.

Pendine sands new Moho facility - How much!!!!!!

It's a shame Tan Hill don't offer a cheaper overnight option with no breakfast included.
Being in the middle of nowhere they have a captive audience for drink and food.
But I can see where they're coming from business-wise.
I guess they want to try and maximise the takings from every visitor where possible?

We were going stop off at the tan hill last year on our way up to Scotland but as there are two of us, no way was I paying £40 to stay in a carpark overnight

It's a bit of a double edged sword.
I can see where they're coming from re clawing back lost income by including breakfast as standard in the price.
Means that only people paying the £20 pppn will be filling the spaces in the car park, and that maximum income is guaranteed.

We all know that if there was a no-breakfast option and a cheaper parking only fee, some campers would do only that and maybe not spend any, or as much money, on food and drink in the pub itself?

They have a captive British tourist audience due to the pandemic and lockdown.
If I was in there shoes I'd probably be doing the same. 🤷‍♀️
More guaranteed profit by going down this particular route they've taken, and (at least for this year) seem to be plenty of willing takers?
Guess only time will tell if it works for them or not, but so far it seems to be, judging by the booking info on their website.

Hi all, my wife and I reopened The New Inn, Winterbourne Monkton (one mile north of Avebury Stones) in December 2018 after it was closed for 6 years. We have a car park and a large field and we would be delighted to have campervans and motor homes stopover from 12th April if anyone is planning a trip to the stone circle or Wiltshire countryside.

We do not charge for stopovers and if you wanted to eat in the pub garden or marquee our kitchen is open 12-9 Friday to Sunday and 5-9 on Monday and Tuesday. If you wanted a takeaway on Wednesday or Thursday we would be happy to prepare something for you with a little notice. Please note that toilet facilities are only available during our pub opening hours.

Please Facebook message or call us on 01672539793 to book. Thanks for reading and we hope that we can welcome you to The New Inn soon.

Ben and Cody — at The New Inn, Winterbourne Monkton

For the staycation year that is predicted this year after COVID and the pressures we have all endured this last twelve months, I introduce The Stag.
Jct 2 of the A14, 1 mile. Heart of the country and a great little stopping point for those long journeys.
Big car park, great pub food, beer garden and a good pint too!!!
No hook ups or anything just honest hospitality.
Call us on 01604686700 for further info.
May your summer be a great one.
🙏

thank you Annie for finding and posting these places that welcome motorhomers, it will be good for us and our hosts if we can support these places offering places to stay.
Hi they pop up on my Facebook newsfeed so I will post them on here when they do and anyone else who wants to add any feel free to add I’m only adding the ones that I am sure are still offering park ups post Covid.

METAL BRIDGE INN - CARLISLE - REOPENING

As from Monday 12th April we will be reopening and looking forward to welcoming you all and getting back to some sort of normality!🥰

Just a couple of things... we can only serve food and drinks outdoors depending on the weather in April 🙈 however we will still be serving takeaway food and drinks that you can take back to your motorhomes.

Also, unfortunately our toilet blocks will have to remain closed until 17th May but our indoor toilets will be available to use during business hours.

So, from April 12th we will be back open and serving 7 days a week - lunch & dinner.

We cannot wait 🥳❤️
Echo others comments about great thread Annie. Thank you..... Everyone should note however that North of Metal Bridge is bonnie Scotland and it would be worth remembering that the "Nippy Sweetie" AKA oor First Meenister may not go at pace of England and it might be worth a last minute check for the latest rules.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back