Good long distance footpaths with public transport?

Cotswold way is probably worth looking into as most of regular overnight stops are towns with a bus service.
Another thought may be to cycle out - walk back and collect bike if you find a route that tracks a road?

Been following you on and off for a while ...

If you do decide in the SW Coastal path, read The Salt Path by Gaynor Winn. True story. Bear with the depressing first couple of chapters ...

We have done 3/4 of the Welsh coastal path by dropping bikes driving back walking to the bikes , cycling back, driving to the new start, or using less fuel: cycling , then walking back, driving to pick up the bikes, repeat. (The walks are in the wrong direction but we do not mind)
If there is a halfway road access you can do a morning, walk and cycle, lunch in the camper, then an afternoon.

I'm glad you started this thread, lots of great ideas. Your blog looks really interesting - I'll have a proper read a bit later :)
You forgot the exercise bike and the super 8 cine picture show of country on the wall. 😂

If you do decide in the SW Coastal path, read The Salt Path by Gaynor Winn. True story. Bear with the depressing first couple of chapters ...

Thanks for the tip on the book - I do like the opportunity to meld story and landscape together at the same time!

Get a Self-driving vehicle and call it up at the end of a day's walk !!!! :devilish:

But more seriously do a mix and match of circular walks and one-way if the buses work.
I expect you are aware that in rural areas even if there is a bus the timetable may be unhelpful.
In mid Wales the train may help
With coastal path routes go out following the path which often will be very wiggly and then maybe a short road walk back to the van !

Just read a review of the book and just had to buy it, thanks for the heads up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back