Going to the dark side!

Annsman

The time has come to go to the dark side! We're changing the van for a caravan. This is definitely a brain over heart decision, and we've taken over 12 months to decide. But we go to see a caravan on Saturday we really like. We've decided to part ex instead of selling private because of tales of hassle from friends who've done it. But, I could be open to persuasion if someone genuine is interested.
It's an Autotrail Cheyenne 660, 2008, with tons of extras. I'll put an notice in the for sale section.

It's a personal thing I couldn't go that road as I spent more than enough time towing for a living, but if sites are your thing it's not the worst thing to do, we never go onto sites so a Moho is essential to us.

However no way I would PX it as they are possibly giving you a lot less than the van is worth, as they have to sell at at a profit and give some sort of warranty which you will be paying for, I've sold more than a dozen van on eBay and never had the slightest hassle, a couple of odd questions is all from people hard of hearing.

The cheapest I could find an Autotrail on a quick search was £30k only one Cheyenne at £34k

Went MH to caravan no regrets horses for courses but still retained 6m camper can also tow the caravan with this towed a Bailey unicorn with 6m camper around Scotland and on the skye ferry 5 years ago
Some days the caravan is the best some days the camper just our take on this enjoy whatever you do

It's a personal thing I couldn't go that road as I spent more than enough time towing for a living, but if sites are your thing it's not the worst thing to do, we never go onto sites so a Moho is essential to us.

However no way I would PX it as they are possibly giving you a lot less than the van is worth, as they have to sell at at a profit and give some sort of warranty which you will be paying for, I've sold more than a dozen van on eBay and never had the slightest hassle, a couple of odd questions is all from people hard of hearing.

The cheapest I could find an Autotrail on a quick search was £30k only one Cheyenne at £34k
A 2008 Motorhome I would think would be offered very little by a dealer. It is most likely he will trade it on or go to auction so I doubt if he could even offer a good price to start with?
I'd for sure go for a private sale - at the very least I would think you could put up for a virtual giveaway price and still better the Dealer offer.
The Autotrail Cheyennes are very popular and well built and should be a lot of interest.

A 2008 Motorhome I would think would be offered very little by a dealer. It is most likely he will trade it on or go to auction so I doubt if he could even offer a good price to start with?
I'd for sure go for a private sale - at the very least I would think you could put up for a virtual giveaway price and still better the Dealer offer.
The Autotrail Cheyennes are very popular and well built and should be a lot of interest.
They’ve told me over the phone, £22,000 to 22,500, At worst £21.500, so that what I’m going to sell it for. But we’ll see! 👍

It's not my van and not up to me but for most of us money is hard to come by and I'd not be letting it slip through my hands so easily, our van is just a older 07 Swift Ace Siena and I'd be wanting and getting much more than what they are offering and unless you are in a hurry to buy and use a caravan I'd wait until spring anyway, why rush to lose money.

Went MH to caravan no regrets horses for courses but still retained 6m camper can also tow the caravan with this towed a Bailey unicorn with 6m camper around Scotland and on the skye ferry 5 years ago
Some days the caravan is the best some days the camper just our take on this enjoy whatever you do
Recently done the same. Bought a Bailey Phoenix gt75 420, only 5.56 metres long so parked on drive.
Yet to use in anger, looking to visit the lakes next week for a few days.

If you like a more settled stay a caravan is ideal. You can find nice little tucked away sites.
My problem is that I rarely stay 2 days in one place.
Best of luck with the change over.

No !!!. I've got LEDs. Come back Christmas is a family thing.

unless 70 then OK !.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back