Going Lithium, Pro's, Con's, How, & Where can we get it done.

Cheers Rob, I know there is another technical one running but most of us are not willing to go down that route and just want to know where there is somewhere reliable and not rip us off near us, we have plenty of folk on here who have found them but not let on where they are in one place,

This is the place

Cheers Rob, I know there is another technical one running but most of us are not willing to go down that route and just want to know where there is somewhere reliable and not rip us off near us, we have plenty of folk on here who have found them but not let on where they are in one place,

This is the place
Just to add a recent Facebook page regarding a fire in an electric car with Lithium battery has made us think.

Just to add a recent Facebook page regarding a fire in an electric car with Lithium battery has made us think.
Very different lithium batteries in electric cars. A Motorhome Lithium Battery i.e. LiPO4 technology one is way safer than the typical EV battery and actually safer than a Lead Acid battery (or for that matter an LPG system that people seem perfectly fine with)

We have had two electric cars for over 5 years now with lithium batteries and no issues whatsoever. These FB stories are just click bait and are meaningless. We had lithiums fitted to our motorhome 3 years back and it’s one of the best things we have done to it (along with hydraulic steadies).

Very different lithium batteries in electric cars. A Motorhome Lithium Battery i.e. LiPO4 technology one is way safer than the typical EV battery and actually safer than a Lead Acid battery (or for that matter an LPG system that people seem perfectly fine with)

Good to know as if I get one my head will literally be inches from it in bed. 😁

Adding this from Dels post here:- https://wildcamping.co.uk/threads/hank-the-tanks-dodgy-battery-and-solar-system.98544/post-1408338

1721638857094.png

hi folks,
my first post on here would be to recommend these guys https://offgridpower.solutions/ who upgraded the solar, controllers, added b2b and installed a lithium battery in my Swift 122. They didn't try to sell me anything more than I was likely to need - (ie no inverter as I prefer to cook with gas and don't have a hairdryer and already had a decent powerbank for any extraneous stuff)
They have a youtube channel and can be found at many of the shows.

1721646409365.png

View attachment 133378
They have a loyal followers on a competitior Forum, where it is alleged that one can have Fun, Kev, with gushing devotions from Forum Members who have had installations. I'm always suspicious of glowing reviews when 'and they made us a cup of tea' appears in the 5 * Review. The customer could have waited and made his own cuppa on the new Inverter ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Steve

I was talking to Barry this morning and he like a few of us is in the land of the dazed and confused so I thought I might try to demystify it with the help of others on here.

David (Wildebus) and a few other knowledgeable lads know masses more than most of us and they do tell us in various threads when asked but it seems to be a nightmare if you're not sparky inclined.

So firstly where in the country can we find places that we can approach and more importantly get the work done well and without needing a mortgage for the labour element?

The where is I suppose the most important element initially as the rest will depend on what kit is needed.
As I have had David do my job for me I can safely say that by travelling to the Scottish Borders the trip will save you a lot of money and the job will be first class. David is the guy you want. :) We'd never even heard of Lead carbon for a start.....

They have a loyal followers on a competitior Forum, where it is alleged that one can have Fun, Kev, with gushing devotions from Forum Members who have had installations. I'm always suspicious of glowing reviews when 'and they made us a cup of tea' appears in the 5 * Review. The customer could have waited and made his own cuppa on the new Inverter ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Steve
only as when I approached you with a cup of coffee in my hand you grabbed Elaine and shot off like a bat out of hell shouting "Nooooooooo"

Wouldn’t call that lot competitors tbh

As I have had David do my job for me I can safely say that by travelling to the Scottish Borders the trip will save you a lot of money and the job will be first class. David is the guy you want. :) We'd never even heard of Lead carbon for a start.....
That depends if he is retired or not lol whenever I say that I almost get told off hahaha

We seem to be diluting this hopefully helpful thread.

Please keep it relevant so we don't have to wade through treacle to find information.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back