Glasgow

Goggles

Free Member
Hi all was off work all last week due to the stupid sciatica and I think I've been watching too many Taggart episodes as it's given me a yearning to visit Glasgow. Is it worth it for a week or so? 🤔

Personally, I love the city. So much history, architecture and the people are great. I might be biased as mum comes from there and we still have relations there. We park on the road my aunt lives on, not what I would call a good area by any means, but never had any trouble or been questioned nor approached. Being fit we walk into the centre from there.

Great shame the fire at the Glasgow school of Art. Once it repaired we'll revisit. CR Mackintosh church, houses and Art Deco in the city we thought well worth the trouble to find.

If you go and don't like it, it's not far to other Scottish places of interest.

Jon

Hi all was off work all last week due to the stupid sciatica and I think I've been watching too many Taggart episodes as it's given me a yearning to visit Glasgow. Is it worth it for a week or so? 🤔

What are you in to? Accents? Museums? Religion? Steamboat? Paddle boat? Tall Ship? Parks? History? Give us a clue...

The general ambience of the city and how easy it is to park close to the centre. 🚐

The general ambience of the city and how easy it is to park close to the centre. ��

Ambience of the city....best city ambience in the world, I may be biased of course.

There's plenty of parking in and around the city centre but I would recommend a park and ride. Park somewhere outside the city centre as we have some one way systems and many bus and taxi lanes in town, which all seem to operate at various times, even I'm confused. It can be very hard on the pocket if you take a wrong turn onto a bus or taxi lane.

I think you will enjoy the architecture better on foot, remember to look up now and again when walking in the city centre. People come from all over the world to visit Glasgow just for the architecture as it has so many different styles in one place.

Sorry for delay in responding, I was over on Isle of Mull.

Glasgow is definitely worth a visit, a week might be a bit long though.

I used to deliver to House of Fraser (a mighty fine Chinese company :) ) there and then Loch Lomond and Edinburgh twice a week. I quite like Glasgow and I find the people generally nice. I like the fact that Glasgow is also so easy to get into and so close to some great countryside too.

However I found the sea gulls in Glasgow are much bigger and more belligerent that the more refined ones found in Edinburgh......just saying!

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back