Gigha

0A6AD061-E869-488B-A4E5-2FAEB862CCD8.jpeg

Thanks
So a definite "Maybe Not"..might just take the foot passenger for a day ?

Thanks
So a definite "Maybe Not"..might just take the foot passenger for a day ?
Maybe you could take your moho over for the day and play it by ear. If you don’t find somewhere suitable then you could return and stop on the mainland. I don’t think cost of a vehicle crossing is that much , if you went as a foot passenger you wouldn’t get to see much.

Yep, I have checked ou the prices..and as you say!
There looks like a carpark at the north of the island which migth be OK
(for a 1 night stand ! :D:unsure: )

Yep, I have checked ou the prices..and as you say!
There looks like a carpark at the north of the island which migth be OK
(for a 1 night stand ! :D:unsure: )
You will have to put your “Intrepid Explorer “ hat on.😀

Yes the roads look very NARROW..lots of other places is the likely conclusion.

Motor Roaming Around on YT Had a fairly recent trip over to Gigha from what I can make out, might be worth a watch.

Motor Roaming Around on YT Had a fairly recent trip over to Gigha from what I can make out, might be worth a watch.

Sorry didn’t mean to repeat this but can’t figure out how to delete the post.🤔🤨

Last edited:
I've wildcamped at the north end of the island many years ago, ,didn't have any problems , probably in a VW Devon.

Visited Isle of Gigha a few times when we kept our boat in Scotland, we used it as a stopover on our way up to Oban if we had gone round the Mull of kintyre, Instead of using the Crinnan canal, usually anchored in a nice bay on the east side of the island, the sea and beach were gorgeous and everyone was friendly when we went ashore. That was our motorboat moored on the right and my son in our tender that we used to explore ashore.

Many places in Scotland we visited put out community mooring boats for visiting boats to use, many are free, with just a few where you pay a small fee in the hope that you go ashore and spend a few pennies. We were heading to Northern Ireland on this trip.
boat pictures ireland 046.jpg

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back