gerber knife set

ajb70

Free Member
Gerber Freescape Camp Kitchen Kit

bought this after seeing it on website arrived today cracking knife with chopping board
havent used this firm before but arrived today was fast delivery seen the large knife for around £40 itself
so appears to be a bargain

Attachments

• G1041_large.jpg
    G1041_large.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 154
Very nice..... I'm sorely tempted to sit alongside my Opinels... Quality steelwork is always nicer to use when cooking compared to cheap stuff.

knifes fit inside for storage nice and safe built in sharpener aswell

Gerber knifes are ok. when I worked in kitchens we had a saying "the only thing more dangerous than a sharp knife is a blunt one"

Sabbatier were traditionally the favoured make in the trade, today however a good Japanese Inox is probably more favoured the logic being a lot of fish is used and you need a sharp knife

Channa

I've a couple of these around for filleting fish (not that I ever catch any )

op011$01-opinel-op011-d1.jpg

Along with a few other of opinels products .

Not expensive and of a good quality IMHO ...they are bloody sharp straight out of the packet (Ask me how I know) though I bought a set of diamond hones to keep them keen .

I would agree with you Opinels are good value for money, fish filleting knifes need spring in the blade for a clean cut takes a bit of practice to get it something like right

Channa

I was stood in a charity shop in Maidenhead years ago when someone brought in a set of 8 Sabatiers in a wooden block. THe assistant said "Thank you but company policy is that we have to hand them into the Police Station if you leave them with us."
So I said to the lady donating them. "If I give the charity a fiver would you give them to me?" Job done, lovely set of knives for £5.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back