gaslow refillable systems

You have to be very careful filling your own bottles, the only way to be sure you are safe is to fill by weight, which you will need to work out using the weights stamped on the bottle.

Anyone attempting to fill non user-refillable cylinders at UK Autogas stations runs the risk of being turned away, and potentially making life difficult for users of purpose made user-refillable cylinders.

AndyC

it sound's and looks very dodgy fulling up yir gas bottle's...:eek::eek:

You have to be very careful filling your own bottles, the only way to be sure you are safe is to fill by weight, which you will need to work out using the weights stamped on the bottle.

Anyone attempting to fill non user-refillable cylinders at UK Autogas stations runs the risk of being turned away, and potentially making life difficult for users of purpose made user-refillable cylinders.

AndyC
One naturally has to be sure of current content then only fill to 80% to allow for expansion. I currently use 5-8 various bottles all propane so savings are well worth the trouble of taking extra care. I only ever fill empty bottles and have a weight/litre marked on each so no guessing. In the MH I carry a 13kg and a 6kg, when the large bottle is empty I change over and asap refill the large bottle, when the small bottle runs out I change again.

Last edited:
Refilling LPG car from bottles?

Hi.

Any thoughts on this please.
Here is the problem.
If I had refillable bottles with the required adapters, would half the gas from a full bottle flow into an empty LPG bottle or the LPG tank fitted in my car?
As I often run out of LPG and the nearest station is 15 miles away, I have wondered about this possibility:confused:
Has anyone tried anything like this?
Many thanks.

50 mbar issue

Sounds like fitting a Gaslow system could be the way to go for me but how would I overcome the 50mbar issue? My Hymer has a 50mb system and Gaslow uses 30mb. Would it be possible to have a 50mb regulator or would I have to have 30mb and have all the appliances modified? Understand that running the appliances at 30mb could cause sooting problems without changing jets. Any ideas? Had thought about a tank but again this has the same issue.

Sounds like fitting a Gaslow system could be the way to go for me but how would I overcome the 50mbar issue? My Hymer has a 50mb system and Gaslow uses 30mb. Would it be possible to have a 50mb regulator or would I have to have 30mb and have all the appliances modified? Understand that running the appliances at 30mb could cause sooting problems without changing jets. Any ideas? Had thought about a tank but again this has the same issue.
The Gaslow system runs at any pressure. In fact if you have the original German 50mB regulators they fit straight on to the Gaslow bottles. Our old German A Class had the Trumatic auto changeover system with 50mB regulators, I had the primary regulator fitted to a Gaslow bottle and the reserve regulator fitted to a Calor bottle via an adapter.

AndyC

The Gaslow system runs at any pressure. In fact if you have the original German 50mB regulators they fit straight on to the Gaslow bottles. Our old German A Class had the Trumatic auto changeover system with 50mB regulators, I had the primary regulator fitted to a Gaslow bottle and the reserve regulator fitted to a Calor bottle via an adapter.

AndyC

Thanks for that info. Looks like that's the way for me then. :)

how much

trying to sus out the price of all i would need on the net seems to come in around £350
is that what you all paid for 2 large bottle system ?

IMG_0001-7.jpg
[/IMG]Hi T&S, I paid £410 for everything direct from Gaslow.

John.

Last edited:
thanks john
a lot of dosh it will take some time to pay for itself but the convenience of filling up yourself anywhere is the bonus and for me worth the investment
cheers terry

I have a 13kg and a 6kg on my hymer and it cost £450 filled and fitted which I think is about average, the system works well but as I live in France I have no problem finding stations, incidentally on my last van I had twin underslung permanent refillable tanks and you get the chance to carry far more gas, given the choice and with hindsight I would choose the underslung tanks every time.

thanks john
a lot of dosh it will take some time to pay for itself but the convenience of filling up yourself anywhere is the bonus and for me worth the investment
cheers terry
Sorry late in answering you Terry, but I couldn't log on to the site. Like you say a lot of dosh, but it's worth it for me as I have had 4 operations on my shoulders and elbow, so it saves me from ever lifting gas bottles again.

John.

My propane fill adapter has the following fill guides (to fill an empty bottle to 80% only) stamped around it so you don't have to remember.
6kg = 9.6ltrs
11kg = 17.6ltrs
13kg = 20.8ltrs

No problem to use just remember to open and close the valve at the right time, not rocket science and nowt to worry about. at £34 the best accessory I've ever bought. And the one that has saved the most amount of money £400+ for gaslow setup. Price repaid over one season.:D:D:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back