GasIt v Gaslow

phillybarbour

I am about to buy a new twin bottle kit and have previously had GasIt, which I think I will again. But why is Gaslow so much more expensive, is it just margin or is it a better set up and why?

From what I've been told by suppliers, the kit is identical and interchangeable, so it seems it's just branding and profit margin. Gaslow is prettier :dance: :lol-053:

I believe the Gaslow kit contains all the hoses etc, there are a few extras to buy with the Gasit kit but still doesnt justify the price difference. They both hold gas after all ;)

The Gaslow kit contains parts and hoses that are stainless steel. Are these less prone to perishing or splitting medium to long term due to temperature extremes and movement so safer?

Last edited:
This maybe coincidental but i say it anyway.

I`ve had Gas It for years now and apart from the recent overfill on one of the bottles i`m very happy with it however ................

There`s always been a very slight hint of a whiff of LPG in the gas locker, all joints and seals checked and everything was fine with no sign of any leaks.

When i had the recent overfill i took out both cylinder so i could check weights and vent the overfilled one down to the correct full weight which stopped it venting.

Whilst everything was off i had a brainwave and decided to change just the pipes from the bottles to the regulator to Gaslow stainless steel ones.

Bingo, no more smell :dance: Like i said, it may be maybe coincidental because there was no leaks detected before but there was always a little whiff of LPG.

I like having the gaslow stainless steel pipes. No smells in the gas locker and they are good for ten years.

Use Hamilton Gas Products Ltd and gas low isn’t much more expensive. I went for gas low over gas it because at the time the level indicator in gas low was a mechanical design and more accurate. Might not be the case anymore.

The orange rubber tube pipes do leak gas due their very slight porosity. When I changed to gaslow stainless steel ones I had no more smells in the gas cupboard. My first gaslow bottle is now 12 years old. They apparently have a 15 year life, so I will be interested to see what gaslow do about swapping old for new when the time comes.

like for like gasit was the more expensive. i have gaslow fitted by dealer the new cylinders have extra features which include a contents gauge which works the old ones do not and i expect gasit+ are the same

when i filled my gaslo system last year got a cloud of gas vapour out of the locker when i opened up the stainless fill hose had vibrated loose on the tee joint just before the non return valves luckily nip it up filled all systems fine but had been in three years refilled probably 20 times?

The orange rubber tube pipes do leak gas due their very slight porosity. When I changed to gaslow stainless steel ones I had no more smells in the gas cupboard. My first gaslow bottle is now 12 years old. They apparently have a 15 year life, so I will be interested to see what gaslow do about swapping old for new when the time comes.

They won’t swap them, you’ll have to buy new.

Gasit

We have fixed Stako gas tank. I can’t see the expiry dates on the rubber hose connections. Does anyone know what the service life of these connectors is? And also the service life of a Stako tank?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back