Gas question

Exactly what I have
B9615B4C-E8DF-4991-BA10-3588D0ABC4D4.jpeg

WOW looks like the Yellow one only just fits, nice picture :)

Yes it does, we didn’t think it wouldn’t first but door shuts fine :)

Reactions: RAW
Interesting layout with third bottle 🤔
It was getting a leak test although I could connect a bottle there or via the external bbq point if necessary or maybe Spain where cylinders are so cheap :)

Good idea that about hooking up an external bottle if parked up for a long time not really wanting to pack everything up just to get some gas.
Might invest in a hose myself.
What thread are continental bottles please?

Good idea that about hooking up an external bottle if parked up for a long time not really wanting to pack everything up just to get some gas.
Might invest in a hose myself.
What thread are continental bottles please?
If I need to do it I will just get a local bottle regulator and connect that to the pipe if use for my cadac then back feed through bbq point. I have what I need for that and also carry a propane bottle regulator as my emergency should the bulkhead regulator fail

Wish we were so adept at doing DIY gas stuff but we aren't so have to pay to get it done .

Has crossed my mind though that for every say 50 ? of you competents, there may be one gung ho fitting own gas system. I hope I am never parked next to them 😱
I think you may be able to reverse those figures going by a lot of the things I see on the net, probably one right out of fifty.

If I need to do it I will just get a local bottle regulator and connect that to the pipe if use for my cadac then back feed through bbq point. I have what I need for that and also carry a propane bottle regulator as my emergency should the bulkhead regulator fail
That's a better solution - I put a bbq point in last year so LP back feed is easy enough.
For those worried about safety I had a full Gas Safe check carried out the week after so it's recorded and tested 😀

I have a alugas tank from a member on here,i am linking the fill pipe to the outlet of a under floor liquid tank and the fill for it to outside,so the liq tank when full 80% will fill the alugas tank to 80%.
As my alugas tank goes down the liq tank will fill the alugas one,i did ph around and the said it will be 100% ok and work but they had never heard of anyone doing so,so am i the first.

To clarify routeing.
The vapour outlet is the Alugas, the Alugas inlet is connected to the underslung tank liquid take off and the external fill point is connected to the underslung inlet?
Are you confident that the underslung cut-off won't operate before the Alugas fills up?

To clarify routeing.
The vapour outlet is the Alugas, the Alugas inlet is connected to the underslung tank liquid take off and the external fill point is connected to the underslung inlet?
Are you confident that the underslung cut-off won't operate before the Alugas fills up?
Is there a difference to having multi bottles? It has to Gill one before going to the other

Yes - there's only two holes per bottle and I'm not sure it will.

Last edited:
To clarify routeing.
Only one way to find out,i did ring to dealers on mainland and they said should be ok but never seen any one do it,the liq take of as you know is at bottom of tank so should start filling alugas cyl from starting pump,and even if bottom tank stopped for a few seconds surly it will continue once top tank takes of more liq to its 80% stop valve kills the operation,then bottom will do same.

My initial thought was that pressure build up in empty Alugas would prevent liquid transfer from tank.
However now I've thought about it the underslung will empty first as gas is taken from Alugas and providing the tank is bigger than the bottle the first fill should work but even if that is slightly less than 100% then subsequent top ups should give full capacity.
Neat idea and easy to monitor need to fill with just one gauge on the bottle which will give at least 11kg warning.
And you get a bit of space in gas locker for more essential equipment 😀

Yes - there's only two holes per bottle and I'm not sure it will.
Two holes, if refillable aren’t they four hole like the Gaslow and Gasit Plus? In any event with a two bottle system you get gas in both bottles. Why is this different? That’s a genuine question not trying to argue, I can’t see why it would be any different.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back